• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68 gt/cs seafoam green

Mckenzkj

Hello, New to this site really glad to have found it.

My grandparents bought a 68 GT/CS in what I can remember as seafoam green. My cousin bought it and moved to the Houston area, he sold it in the mid 90's. In the off chance that this car is registered here I wanted to ask if anyone who has a seafoam green special recollect purchasing it from a person named Michael Petersen? I know this is a long shot but it is one worth taking. I don't have the VIN. I have been searching dealerships that were operating in that timeframe, I have been all over both the California and Texas DMV sites and it doesn't appear I will be able to request any info. Any suggestions? Your help is really appreciated.

Kevin

somethingspecial

Kevin, Welcome to the site. A VIN would make it easy to check, See if your grandparents still have a registration card somewhere, or your cousin has one. What is your cousins name, maybe he registered it with Paul Newitt when he did his first book and included it in the original registry. I can search by name to see.

Do you have any pics of the car? Do you know what running gear it had, ie. 289 or 302 etc.
Automatic, color interior, etc. I will look through the registry. What names should I look for? Due to Privacy reasons, I can't and WON'T tell you address or contact info, but I could supply a VIN if it is in the Registry and we can confirm it is the same car.

Mosesatm

A couple years ago I ran across a Lime Gold GT/CS with black stripes in the Houston area.

OP
OP
M

Mckenzkj

Mike,

My Cousins name is Michael Enevold Pertersen (deceased). My grandparents are deceased as well. I did ask my grandmother if she had any of the paperwork left, but she had given it all to my cousin. The car was either seafoam or lime gold, it had black interior, 289, C4. My cousin wrecked it on several occasions and repainted it red, I doubt he went to the expense of having the decals replaced. I do know they bought in Sacramento, CA so I would expect the DSO to be 71 or 72. I wouldn't expect you to release private information, I am just hoping the car is still around and hasn't been recycled into some non descript mundane car or beer can!