• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Windshield wiper clip??

nfrntau

I had a small metal clip located on the lip of the cowl opening for the windshield wiper arm post. There was only one on the drivers side and it was located at about the 7 o'clock position when viewed from the front of the car. The clip was installed with the small size up as in the photo.

I'm trying to decide if I should put it back on or leave it off.
This is a photo of it next to a penny to give y'all a idea of the size.
Do any of you have a clip located there? Both sides?

Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• DSCF3890.jpg
    DSCF3890.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 29

GTCSMustang

Can you show us a picture of the mounting position on the car?

Scott

J_Speegle

Have never seen that item there on an original car not can I figure out it purpose. Leave it off IMHO

Perkchiro

Is that the wiper arm clip that fits in the base of the wiper? I think it's purpose is to secure the female wiper base to the male receiver from under the cowl. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but it looks familiar to me since I broke one putting my wipers on.

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Thanks guys,
Arlie and I installed the wipers yesterday and left it off. It doesn't appear to have a purpose (yet....).
I'm going to keep an eye out and see if I find one on another car.