• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 66 High Country Special Fender Badges

Beau66HCS

Hey fellow HCS 66 owners, I'm asking for a favor....if you are lucky enough to have HCS badges on your car, please send me a clear, close up photo of your badges to labeau61@gmail.com. I may have found someone that can reproduce a similar pair. I need to provide examples to get them as true as possible. Photos on websites do not represent the life size and clarity needed. I would greatly appreciate it! Ford valve cover blue right?

Thanks!!

Beau66

Incorrect Account info

I apologize to those that attempted to email your 66 badge photos to me using the saved address on my account. Didn't realize until I received a response this morning to my gmail account. Thanks Dave! The email feature was sending to an AOL account that no longer exist. I've made corrections to the account info here so now I should receive. High anxiety I have says Yoda...Ha. If you sent me photos before today, sadly, I didn't receive them....

Beau66

What color is your 66 HCS badge?

DupliColor 1601 "Ford Engine Blue"
DupliColor 1606 "Ford Dark Blue"
DupliColor 1621 "Old Ford Blue

or something else ???

DanTeets

Hello Beau66- My father started the HCS registry and was also having the fender badges reproduced here in Denver by the company originally contracted by Ford. That company is no longer in business but I have the artwork from them and we are currently working on getting them produced by another company and available to those folks that need them. I have decals available for the '68's and we are also in the process of having the Lucas fog light bolts kits reproduced for the '68 HCS and CS's which was another item that my dad supplied. If you don't mind waiting a bit longer I think we can get these badges done as correct as possible and also be able to cross check the registry with those purchasing badges to try and ward off any possible counterfeit cars. Feel free to pm or email me anytime and as soon as I have more information I will pass it along to you and the forum. Appreciate it, Dan Teets

hcsmustangs

I am in process with a reputable supplier and still working on getting the process and tooling correct. If someone has detailed photos of the rear of either 66 and/or 67 badges that are off the car I would appreciate your assistance so I can make sure the back sides are correct as well. Thanks!

hcsmustangs

Yes and no. I am still working with two potential suppliers to faithfully reproduce the badges. I have eliminated about 6 companies due to the pilot parts not looking correct. I hope to have something soon. I appreciate your patience. Thanks!

GreenSpark

Someone had a set of NOS badges, in the bag, posted on here a few years back. I wonder if they ever made it onto a car? Those should be your model.

Last edited:

hcsmustangs

There is - I finally have all of the proper dimensions to make sure the badges will be correct and am working with two vendors at this point who say they can properly reproduce the badges. I'm hoping to have something soon - thanks for your patience....

Ruppstang

I understand Willis has contracted with two of the original venders to produce them.
May be he will be along to give a better update.
HCS register
Marty Rupp

hcsmustangs

I did find someone and am working with them on tooling and whether they will produce based on small production batches.