• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Brake Bling

gt bandit

Hi ,

anyone recommend a vendor of a polished Master Cylinder other than SSBC billet version , which is very nice but a little expensive.

Or any other ideas to bling up that area of my engine bay ??

I need a Power Disc/Drum unit

any help greatly appreciated :icon_ecst

shaun

rvrtrash

I looked at the engine picture in your gallery and think it looks just fine the way it is, but if you're looking for more "bling" on a budget, how about just painting the MC and booster bright red (which I think would look good next to the black firewall) and putting a chrome cover on the MC? I painted my MC with a silver-grey paint that kind of simulates new cast iron to make it look like bare metal from the factory but with the protection of paint, and then steel-wooled the cover to make it shinier. That's another option.

Steve

franklinair

I think Steve's suggestion of the painted "cast" finish on the MC with a bright cover on it is the best solution. It looks crisp & original. My preference for the PB booster is gloss black. Too much bling is not necessarily a good thing. (IMHO)
Neil

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Oh the engine bay looks a little different now also , i have made some mods to help me change plugs a little easier - the concourse members wont be impressed , but its a great mod that works well on the Big Blocks more photos soon.

rvrtrash

thanks guys - steve what was the cast paint you used ???

It's made by Martin Senour, product line is TECnique, color is Iron/Block Cast, comes in a spray can and I got it at NAPA, part number 7250.

Steve