• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

INTERIOR QUESTIONS

I NEED SOME HELP.
MY INT. CODE IS 7U, PARCHMENT STANDARD BUCKETS.
IS THE CARPET SUPPOSED TO BE BLACK OR RED?
AND DID THE GT/CS HAVE THE CUSHIONS ON THE FRONT WINDSHEILD PILLARS AS A 67 MUSTANG?
THANKS
JBH

OP
OP
G

I had a 1968 Mustang with parchment interior some time ago and it had black carpet. I have 2 California Specials and neither have padded windshield posts.

OP
OP
G

on the 68 mustang with black carpet, what color was the exterior?

x-codegtcs

My buddy has a 68 390 gt fastback - his originally had the parchment interior with the black carpet (per Ford's mail in report). Just as a side note, his fastback is pretty rare - bench seat with head rests, sulinght gold (now red from previous owner) and the afore mentioned deluxe interior (now standard - also because of the original owner).

OP
OP
G

Mine has a parchment interior with black carpet. The exterior is the original factory paint--Acapulco Blue.

RacingFan

The latest I got about the padded windshield posts and the padded bar across the dash was that it was discontinued in Mar 1968 as a cost cutting move by Ford. I am sure a few early GTCS's got the treatment, but certainly the majority did not. If you do not have holes already predrilled in your windshield posts, then your car did not come with them installed.

68sunlitgold

I have 2 cars from the San Jose plant, one my CS and another coupe, they are about 250 Vin # apart and the first has an actual build date of 16 Feb and it does not have there pads.
Doug

x-codegtcs

I forgot to mention that my 68 "GT" cougar XR-7 has a parchment interior and the carpet is black.

As for post pads, my friends GT/CS has them stock - build date Feb sometime.

OP
OP
G

My GT/CS was produced on Feb 14 (Valentine's Day) and it has the padded posts but no knee pad.

Talan423

does anyone have the knee pad on their gt/cs? if yes, what is your production date?

thanks
tom