• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Horn Panel Part Numbers

stangfan

I am in the process of refurbishing my horn panel with the Scott Drake parts (bezel, buttons and emblem) and needed to re-dye the panel and pad. The part number on the GT/CS panel appears to have been scribed into the material by hand. I had another panel from a 68 Coupe which I sold after buying the CS. It's part number is actually cast in as you would normally find these numbers. I seem to remember a similar discussion on here a while back, but I don't think it was the panel being discussed. At any rate, here are the pictures. I can't say for sure that either of these parts are original to the cars. The Coupe was an earlier build than the CS and had the recessed rear quarter reflectors.

Attachments

• P1000202(1).JPG
    P1000202(1).JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P1000205(1).jpg
    P1000205(1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 31

dalorzo_f

The majority I have seen are hand marked, I have about 6 I just looked at in picking one for the EXP. I think 5, if not all, were the hand numbers...