• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Camera Case" paint code

lunker

The previous owner of my car applied a "woodgrain" contact paper to the consloe to match the woodgrain dash. I am planning on removing the incorrect woodgrain stuff and assume that I will have to repaint the console camera case finish black. What is the recommended paint for this? Will the old standard Krylon 1613 semi-gloss work? Thanks, Doug.

Perkchiro

Doug: You might note if the under finish on your bezel is smooth or dimpled. The previous owner may have applied the woodgrain to a smooth surface bezel and you are wanting a dimpled bezel finish. You might need a replacement camera finish type bezel. If you find a dimpled bezel underneath, then try this paint color website:
http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1968-ford-pg02.jpg

Andrew

I have been waiting for this answer a long time, now how do you get it?

Perkchiro

Andrew said:
I have been waiting for this answer a long time, now how do you get it?

I think the paint Doug is needing is Charcoal Black Poly. I have this color in my car's interior and it was mixed from the Ford Color cross reference at the local PPG paint store. Try that approach and see how it works out for you.

Andrew

Does it come in a spray can or will it need to be mixed and then sprayed with a gun?

hcsstang

Get the correct # and go to a Auto paint store and they can mix it and put it in a spray can.I did that for the grille paint.

imported_tree

Paint/camera Case

DOUG. you can buy the paint from pony or up here in canada from classic mustang. the camera case finish is charcoal metalic black. it comes in a spray bomb and is really closeto original.if you want the numer on the can i can get it. TERRY...........................

OP
OP
L

lunker

Thanks for the great info - I do have a new can of the charcoal black metallic from NPD as I was going to repaint my inner doors (which are now too glossy). Doug