• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Done!!

franklinair

After 1 year, its done.:grin:
I drove it today, and its soooo good & responsive. Handling, acceleration, braking, it really lit up. I've got it in the transmission shop today just to be sure the C4 is 100%.

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 267.jpg
    Green GTCS 267.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Green GTCS 278.jpg
    Green GTCS 278.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 94
  • Green GTCS 275.jpg
    Green GTCS 275.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Green GTCS 281.jpg
    Green GTCS 281.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 105

somethingspecial

Fantastic

Great news Neil. That looks like one sweet ride. I love the color combo. Just have to check, Those lug nuts are torqued on good, Right? LOL

Northern Pony

Neil;
LOOK'N GOOD, love that interior, Saddle? Looks like a bit of elbow grease went into that engine bay, overall an excellent looking car, job well done.
Is that bird in the family looking just as good? or is that an unfair question.
BoB

Ruppstang

Neil,
Gotta love the temp guage in the air conditioning vent!!

Rob

I laughed too when I saw the temp gage in the vent because that is exactly where mine is in the fastback.
Neil the quility of your work is outstanding! You need to move up to concours driven so I can judge your car some time. I love cars like yours, never much to writing on the judge sheets. Marty

classicsguy

Great job Neil,looks awesome!!! Love the ext/int color combo...Are you still planning to sell it?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

BoB: The interior is Nugget Gold. That's what the Marti Report specified. I did upgrade the door panels & dash panels to the Deluxe- just 'cause I like it better.

Rob/Marty: The AC temp gage is a hangover from when I used to install AC systems in my Dad's auto garage business.

Luis: Yea, I'll probably sell it eventually. I just don't want to be considered a "flipper". My fun is re-doing them more so than driving them. (Although this one was a real hoot driving it today!) It really lit up, and with the all new suspension, Pertronix ignition, and Edelbrock carb it ran & handled great.
I keep an accurate file of costs & parts, and only sell for what I have invested in it. No labor- that's my hobby. If I did it for profit it would then become a job, rather than a leisure activity. Folks on this site are very helpful, and I try to return the favor(s).

Showing off- here's a few more photos:

Neil

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00762.jpg
    DSC00762.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00745.jpg
    DSC00745.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 51

gtcs1

After 1 year, its done.:grin:
I drove it today, and its soooo good & responsive. Handling, acceleration, braking, it really lit up. I've got it in the transmission shop today just to be sure the C4 is 100%.

Neil

Wonderful job and quite Impressive. I wish I knew all those trades. Are you taking apprentices with you on your next car???

Also from a tool aspect, for my home garage, seems though to achieve. Any special equipment you would recommend? For example, I just look at the brake job. Going from rusted pasrts to that, how do I do that?

gt/csj4

Wonderful job and quite Impressive. I wish I knew all those trades. Are you taking apprentices with you on your next car???

Also from a tool aspect, for my home garage, seems though to achieve. Any special equipment you would recommend? For example, I just look at the brake job. Going from rusted pasrts to that, how do I do that?

For small parts, a bench grinder with a fine wheel is best. for large parts nothing beats a sandblaster. Some parts are best to just replace tho as they are cheaper then restoring them.also using the correct paint (color wise and quality) goes a long way. Remember that just like painting a car 90% of the finished product is due to proper prep work first.

classicsguy

Neil: I know how you think..its the fun of doing them but thats a really nice car. In order for you not to get bored when mine gets out of Paint shop will probably take it to you for the interior and fine tuning of the GT/CS items...just so that you dont get too bored!!

sam

Wow...looks fantastic ! How much you want to sell that baby for?
Sam

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Holy Guacamole!! I picked the car up today from the transmission shop: they overhauled the C-4, installed my kickdown cable, runs/drives like a Dream :)))
Tomorrow I'm putting it in a local car show (small town, USA).

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 278.jpg
    Green GTCS 278.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Put the CS in its first show (local). First Place!! Certainly not Concourse, but a nifty little driver!

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 303.jpg
    Green GTCS 303.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 47
  • carshow.jpg
    carshow.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: