• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Switch, turn signal question

mustangman-nl

Hello,

I have problems with my rear (left) brake light. Some times it works or not. The ground connection is correct (I think). Now I read on another Mustang forum that mayby the problem the switch, turn signal is, because it also is for the brake lights.
I am looking for the correct switch and I have a question about the part number, is this the correct part number: C8ZA-13B302-C1 ?

Greeting and thanks,

Reiny

robert campbell

Reiny,
Below is a link to an older thread. See if this helps. The turn signal switch is the source of many a problem. The original Ford ones lasted a long time. The only thing available today is the repops. I put a repop in in 1989. Just replaced it again.

One thing that should help is going to LED lights. They draw less current and I believe takes some of the "strain" off the contact points in the switch. Time will tell!

Rob

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7745&highlight=turn+signal+switch

OP
OP
mustangman-nl

mustangman-nl

Thanks Rob,

I have allready installed led (seqential), but afther words the problem started. Maybe was the switch allready bad. I think to order a new one and replaced this one and hope the problem is solved.
I saw this one for sale on ebay, because I like NOS parts, but I do not think it is the right one, because the add has two different part numbers, and I think the wrong one (label) on the wiring:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What do you think??

Greetings Reiny

robert campbell

I would ask the buyer a question on whether it is NOS or not. Trying to remember, but it seems the tags are on the repops and they come in Ford boxes. In fact I think you can still order them from Ford directly, but they are repops.

Lots of people think they have "NOS" stuff. In my mind NOS is stuff that was on the shelves at Ford within 5 years of the date of the car for Mustangs. In late 70's and 80's Ford started to get lots of stuff from the aftermaket.

My opinion and the time frames may be different in some other peoples minds.

Rob