• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 shocks

DSO51

I am in the process of doing some front end work prior to rolling the HCS out of the garage for the spring and I need to replace the front shocks. I am not having a problem finding a replacement or even finding the original part #; however, I am having a problem figuring out what the original color was. Currently mine are black. The easily available ones are typically monroes and are yellow.

Thanks in advance for the help.

DSO51

Kurt

I found a spraycan of Dupli-Color that matchs the original color pretty close, its DSGM 286 Camel M
Hope this helps.

Kurt

68sunlitgold

Craig,
As far as the color, I believe your shocks are original. In every recognition guide I have, the 68 shocks are BLACK.
Doug

66 Dearborn HCS

Krylon Semi Flat Black #1613 is probably the closest and easiest to match the engine bay from what I've seen and heard. I dunno if it would be the "correct" paint for your shocks though. Were they glossy, satin, or flat, would be the operative question.