• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford Spring Swap Meet in Columbus

GTCSMustang

I'm in Columbus Ohio this weekend for the Ford Spring Swap Meet, which opened to the public today at 0900. Yesterday was vender set-up and if any really trick parts were going to be found it usually happens on Friday. All the usual suspects are here...Perkins, Meyer, Vanderwall, Sizemore, Wicks, Branda, Perogie, SEMO, etc. There are some good parts to be had but the prices are up as you might expect. Bought an aircleaner to hood seal for $500 (for a member on this site), alternator and PS belts (1-each) for $550, shift knob for $800, 428 bucket and snorkle for $1,000, tire for $2,500, and some other little stuff. Found some GT/CS scripts, two sets of NOS hood pins, and one NOS side scoop for GT/CS, but that's about it for CS. Lots of GT wheels (chrome and argent) were pretty cheap though. If you've never been to this meet, it's a good one to attend. Just Ford stuff, so no wading through a bunch of parts you don't care about to get to the blue ones.

Scott

390cs68rcode

yep, I am the one who got the hood to air cleaner seal for my Cobra Jet. way to go Scott! You should have bought the hood pins.

I guess I need to go with you next year.

Talan423

this is half of one swap building. there are 2 more just like it plus a car corral.

tom

Attachments

• columbus 003.jpg
    columbus 003.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 38

68gt390

Scott;
Should of let me know you were attending this swap meet. :rolleyes:
I worked security at it yesterday in the Celeste Building from 6 am to 12:30 pm. I could of got you in before 9 am and saved you a few bucks. It's put on by the Mid Ohio Ford Club. Didn't leave until they closed at 6 pm last night. I usually attend or work both this one and the one put on by United Ford Owners (UFO). They had some pretty interesting stuff in the car corral. Did you see the 68 White Shellby they were asking $57,000 plus for and it's condition. Marti report on it showed the car was originally Lime Gold and not Wimbledon White. They actually have 3 buildings with stuff in them, Celeste Building, Multi-Purpose Building and the Buckeye Building along with the car corral.

Don

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Don,
I should have guessed you were there. Bob Perkins got me a wrist band so I was there on Friday and early Saturday before the crowds. But I'll remember you for the fall meet. It sure was nice walking around there today with the crowds thinned out. Did you hear anything about someone stealing a carb from Ulrey?
Scott

rvrtrash

390cs68rcode said:
yep, I am the one who got the hood to air cleaner seal for my Cobra Jet. way to go Scott! You should have bought the hood pins.

I guess I need to go with you next year.

I'll take your name off my list Jason.
Steve

6t8-390gt

Don,
If the 68 Shebly was white and had a dented left rear qrt. I passed on that car a couple weeks ago for $42,500. It was listed on ebay and did not meet reserve. It was very rough underneath. Sounds like the new owner was trying to roll it for a quik 15K. Is anyone going to Charlotte or Spring Carlisle?

Danny

68gt390

GTCSMustang said:
Don,
I should have guessed you were there. Bob Perkins got me a wrist band so I was there on Friday and early Saturday before the crowds. But I'll remember you for the fall meet. It sure was nice walking around there today with the crowds thinned out. Did you hear anything about someone stealing a carb from Ulrey?
Scott

If you guys come out next year let me know in advance. I can get the wrist bands from a friend of mine at work who belongs to the Mid Ohio Ford Club. Plus, I'm usually always working security there during the event. Also, if you come out for the UFO swap meet in November (usually around thanksgiving weekend) let me know. I also work that one. I'll almost bet you walked right by me. Worked the main entrance at the Celeste building (had on a green vest with "SECURITY" on the back). There were 3 of us there along with a State Trooper. Also wore my Royal Maroon GT/CS shirt. Didn't buy any parts this year pretty much have everything I needed at this point. Did do a lot of walking though just looking at stuff.

If I'm not mistaken that incident happened over in the Multi-Purpose building. One of the State Troopers I was with had to respond to it. Don't know what the outcome was though. It's amazing in all the years I've worked this event this is the first time we've actually had a problem of this type. Hope to hear from you guys next year.

Danny;
That's the one. Looked like shit underneath. Hood was even taped down with duct tape. Car must have been sitting in a field for sometime. Most of the undercarriage was rotted. I sure as hell wouldn't pay what they wanted for it.

Don

Talan423

don- i probably walked right past you too, i had to wait in the huge line outside! here are a couple of pics of that 68 shelby.

tom

Attachments

• columbus 006.jpg
    columbus 006.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 36
  • columbus 005.jpg
    columbus 005.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 41

Mosesatm

Might be a good idea for all of us to wear our GT/CS shirts at ALL shows we attend.

68gt390

The bad part of the whole deal is I had plenty of beer at the house to. Would of given me a good excuse to drink some of it. On second thought I don't need an excuse to drink it. :grin:

At least this year we had much better weather than last year. Had rain and snow the whole show last year and with the wind it was colder than shit.

Don

6t8-390gt

Yes, that is the car I looked at, the seller from So. Md. told me he accepted
$42,500 for the car. I have no reason to doubt him. Did you see the handy work to the tail light panel, talk about a hack job. I guess the new owner was trying to roll it.

68gt390

6t8-390gt said:
Yes, that is the car I looked at, the seller from So. Md. told me he accepted
$42,500 for the car. I have no reason to doubt him. Did you see the handy work to the tail light panel, talk about a hack job. I guess the new owner was trying to roll it.

From what I could see of it kinda looks like it was already rolled - literally. I couldn't imagine paying $57,000 for something in that kinda shape. Not even a Shelby.

Don :rolleyes: