• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Be Part of the GT/CS Registry DVD!

P

PNewitt

This "was" one of the suprises for the new GT/CS Registry Book, but I can't do this one without your help.

I am doing a DVD that will be included with the book, in a plastic sleeve on the inside back cover.

What I need are videos sent to me from owners of your GT/CS and '68 HCS cars. You don't need to necessairliy have it "concours perfect",... but "really clean" would be nice, too. Don't worry about Hollywood production quality (although please use a tripod of you could). Just explain who you are, and about your car. If you have security concerns, remove your license plates and frames (if it says what city, etc.) and don't volunteer where you're from. But, again, this is up to you.

Video of GT/CS (HCS) cars undergoing restoration are encouraged and accepted, too!

Try to limit the (useful) footage to about 2-5 minutes, so we can include as many cars and owners as possible. We want this to be fun, and yes, heartwarming to reflect just how special and how loved these cars truly are. You can include creative angles, or shot from another moving vehicle (but please be careful doing that). Remember to talk about the engine size, transmission, colors of the interior and body, and any options. Maybe about how long you've had it, who drives it mostly, etc, etc...

Any video format will work. VHS, SVHS, and DVD formats (all common ones) are acceptable. my brother is a professional videotographer, and has a large editing facility. The completed DVD will be of professional quality, and available ONLY with the book as a set.

For those lucky enough to live in No. Calif, we're planning a group video session in late Summer, at a location to be revealed later (about Late July).

Stay tuned to this thread to more details.

Send your videos to: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617. Please send them to me before August 30th, 2005. (Note: ALL videos become the property of Paul M. Newitt for use on this GT/CS Registry DVD).
The book's target date for completion will be Sept. 2005.

Thanks--and get those cameras rolling!!

Paul N.

p.s. for those who sent still photos only (and don't have access to a video camera), don't fret--we'll shoot those with a video camera--so everyone who sent photos will get on the DVD.

Sarge

Paul,
What a cool idea! Make sure you let us know about the NorCal shoot date, as I cruised from San Jose to Napa, to Sacramento to San Jose today. Passed right by Davis. Beautiful day to drive, but I had to help my mom move... That part wasn't too fun, but when mom calls, what can you do?
Robert

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1710;start=0#msg10736 date=1116771179]
That moving video of my car will be me walking away from the garage. lol
[/quote]

.....Just as long as you use a tripod. ::)

Mosesatm

Bill, we can hold up a photo of a completed car and you can make vroom, vroom sounds!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

At one time, someone knew that URL for that website that had the original 1968 GT/CS Television commercial as an MPEG or something? Who has that? I want to get that included on the DVD (with permission, of course).

And--oh, I'll be doing an authentication walk-around for the DVD, too.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks Rhonda! Gee? I wonder where those actors are today??

It looks like this car is the prototype "GT/SC", because in the hood lock closeup, they seem to be '67 Shelby type hood washers with screws, under the (new) CS lock handle. If this IS the car, it later became the Green Hornet. I'll have to check this out.

Rumor has it that they filmed commercials like this on Pismo Beach, California, north of Santa Barbara.

Paul.

Mustanglvr

The car in the commercial is missing the california special script too from what I can tell.
Who is that guy anyway? Is he some famous football player or something? Rhonda

hookedtrout

8MM video good?

Mines not anywhere near great condition but I'd hate to miss this opportunity so I'll send it in as a work in progress.

Hook

68gt390

Makes me cringe to see that car being driven through the beach sand and salt water. But, guess at that time no one really cared as long as they got paid to be in the commercial.

Don :'(

nfrntau

Come on Don, admit it.
I don't buy "at that time no one really cared"
If I took you to the beach gave you a 2005 GT and told you to tear it up for a commercial, you wouldn't do it?

I would be surprised if you said NO.

Not my car, if I blow it up they give me another, talk about the brody's! Yea, I would do it, smiling all the way.

Sadly there are a lot of people out there even today that don't know how bad that is for their car.

68gt390

That's exactly what I meant - No one really crared. They were getting paid to trash the car and it wasn't their's. And "YES", if someone was stupid enough to give me an 05 and say go for it - you bet I would. Besides, it's their money and not my car. And your right when you say people don't know how bad that is for their car.

I can remember growing up in Southern Cal as a kid going to the beach and seeing all kinds of people with their cars out on the beach. Guess folks then didn't think about the damage sand and salt water can cause. I know my grandparents complained all the time about their cars always getting sand blasted were they lived in Palm Springs.

Don ;)

case12

you guys are forgetting that there were girls all over the car too. that positive would have balanced out the salt and sand negative for me.

speaking of cars and beaches, I have seen worse in Daytona Beach where cars could drive on the beach (60's, 70's) and could park there - and one where the owner parked it on a nice dry beach and forgot about the tide change later in the evening and it went underwater. I think there were tow companies around just for pulling cars out of the tide. Casey

Mustanglvr

My Dad had to pay someone $100.00 to tow his new Ford off the beach in Pacific Beach, Washington back in the 1950`s. The tide was on its way in. That was alot of money, but times weren`t as tough back then. Rhonda

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

<<scratching "the beach" off the list of places to shoot video of No. Calif GT/CS cars for the DVD>>

::)