• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

aemoo28's '68 Adventure Continues! Her BIG debut this Sunday!

aemoo28

Well, for anyone who'd like to come see "Satan" at her first car show...

...or witness first hand some of her tricks I KNOW she's hiding up her sleeve...

(who's got the trailer?) :lipsseal:

I'll attempt to get her to Snohomish next Sunday, Sept 21st for the Bickford All Ford Car/Truck Show. Registration starts at 930. Open to all Ford vehicles.

Notice this all depends on how she behaves for Ron, who's bringing her up on Saturday Sept 20th, hopefully (please please be good to Ron).

Yay Ron!

Bickford Ford
3100 Bickford Ave
Snohomish, Washington 98290
10am to 2-ish

calspcl

Amy, you are a die hard!

Good luck to Ron on his trip north

Your dedication to the GT/CS is awesome!

68 special

I can't wait to see the BEAST!! Kudos to Ron for all that he did for Satan. I'm sure he (Satan) appreciates being brought back to life. I'll be there, so save me a spot.

Bret

P

PNewitt

As you're reading this.....Ron & Co., are burning up the road somewhere between Eugene and Seattle....(Made famous by the 1960's TV hit show: "Here Comes the Brides")....and RON!!...remember to duck under the logging trucks when you hit Tacoma. They slow down for no one!!!

The odo says 70K, but my first and second natured gut feeling is that it's 170K if not 270K miles....

Ron's ability to fix a few things, and get it on the road to make it up there, sans trailer is a testament to the original Ford engineering!! It makes you want to pick up the phone and thank someone from 1968!

This story continues...and I've gotten approval to write a story about this adventure--and it's welcome to Seattle...for the MCA Mustang times!!

Now AMY will have to live with some fame for a while....oh, the life of a newly christened GT/CS owner...

Film at Eleven.
Paul.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

She will not be making her appearance at the Bickford show Sunday.

Had to flat bed her the last *6 miles* home.

I'm hiding under my comforter.

franklinair

Wha hoppen??

Am I going to have to come out there & get you squared away?

Neil

clubpro

Well all was going well until we hit Tacoma. With my cousin following in his truck I received a phone call from him that there was a lot of steam coming out of the driver side tail pipe. We hit bumper to bumper traffic and when the car came to an idle it was so ruff that I thought that my fillings were going to rattle out. We pulled off the freeway to check and decided that it was a blown head gasket. The car was running like a champ up to that point.

We made it to my brothers house feeling that 3 weeks of work went up in steam. Amy tried to drive the car home, but I guess that the problem continued to get worse. I wish that I would have gone with my first plan to trailer the car up, but it was running so well I thought that I would try the drive.

Amy has a lot of support and volunteers to help put the car back in good shape. The story will continue.

Cheers,

Ron

P

PNewitt

WOW, Ron....

What a guy to take a car like that the whole way....

Sorry to hear about the head gasket. I don't think that any of your hard work went to waste...after all you had quite an experience in a CS, driving up all that way. Not many get to drive a Special that far these days...

No doubt that engine and trans has to come out. Sounds like "347 time"....hint hint...

The "Trial by Fire" restoration wasn't Plan A exactly, but it's just the nature of this car....Now it's Mustangs Northwest's turn to take it from here. I'd say that it's time to completely pull this puppy apart. Get the socket set out, notes, baggies and such to catalog every nut and bolt.

Just watch her, tho'....she'll bite you!!

Good work, and good luck to everyone!

Paul.

franklinair

My first inclination would be to keep the original block (assuming that it is the original engine), but if it couldn't be saved (I don't like to bore more than .030"), a 347 is probably the way to go.
This just too bad. I'm sure you were looking forward to enjoying your new ride.:sad:
I still think tar & feathers would be in order for the seller.:mad:

Neil

DeadStang

a blown head gasket

Wow. Can't think of anything else to say :-( The gasket must've gotten weak when it overheated down in California and finally gave out the 6 miles from home.

Be careful, Amy, this is exactly how I evolved... The head gasket blew on my first Mach I, so it became a project, and I "needed" something else to drive while it was down. 8 years later I have 13 cars! Just remember, this too can be fixed and your motor freshened at the same time. Combine this with all the work that's already been done and it'll be totally awesome to drive when that's finished! Besides, you don't want to drive a classic over winter in the Pacific NW--that'll just help it rust. I put away my old cars and bring them out when it's not raining (much). Winter in the PNW is what the new CS is for.