• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SHELBY 69-70 CALIFORNIA SPECIAL TAILLIGHT ASSEMBLY on Ebay

zozobra

There's a tail light assembly on Ebay listed as being for 69-70 Shelbys and the California Special. I asked the owner what number was on it. He said it was C4SB-13440-B, which does not match the numbers posted on this site. Does anybody know what this one is? The lens certainly looks like mine but I already have a spare housing (wrong one) I bought specifically for the wiring harness. Mine on the left side is somewhat piecemeal.

Thanks

P

PNewitt

13434 and 13435 are the numbers for the reflector only.

I looked up "13440" on Google, and it brought up other Ford cars' "taillamp housings".

"13440" might be the number for the WHOLE T-bird assembly. BTW--the prefix "C4SB" is 1964 T-Bird. They used the same housing for '64 and '65. "the '65 was used on all the '68 thtough '70 Shelbys and the GT/CS (HCS).

Just remember to make sure the taillight frame is all chrome before you install it. Only the T-Birds and the '69-'70 Shelbys used the black-edge-painted version.

Paul N.

OP
OP
Z

zozobra

Paul,

Thanks for the information. It looks like most of that may work for me, particularly the wiring which is what I really need. I will take a close look at what I have in the car now. I just don't know where to get the wiring (and one of the bulb sockets) itself or I would not worry.

By the way I'm looking forward to the new book. I finally have copies of the previous ones, one of which you had autographed, porbably when it was new.

Thanks for all the help. I'm almost there with the car.