• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on SF Craigslist

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The first thing Ill do before purchasing this one is get a Marti Report...no mention of engine and transmision that car has...

robert campbell

Wow, possible original owner car!! Someone should get the vin and run it. Looks like a lot of original stuff on it. fogs are suspect, but may be a real one and a lot of history to boot. How cool!

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Rob

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The vin is in door data plate in one of the pictures....someone should get a Marti

CougarCJ

Possibly 1 of 93 bench seat GT/CS's.

Current Craig's list ad states the owner is 'taking bids' on the car now.

somethingspecial

I added it to the Registry with a note "needs Marti". I emailed the seller who sent back a comment about how rare the car was, but didn't answer any of my questions. Oh Well, At least he posted a pic of the door data plate. I am not in a position to order a Marti, If anyone does, please forward a copy to me for the Registry. As with any GT/CS, any Marti Report is greatly appreciated for my records. Thanks.

Don

I live 15 minutes from Sunnyvale. I emailed the seller asking for more info. Seller never replied. Why would the CS stripes be missing, re-spray? I have run across these types of sellers before. They may indeed have something rare but to post a 10K price and then change to "taking bids" is just someone I would not deal with for anything. Not worth the hassle.

Oh never mind. I went back to the ad and see that seller added more photos. Overspray on door data plate shows that it indeed had a crappy re-spray and the ripped upholstery confirms how "Epic" this car really is. May be one owner but it does not mean squat if the owner screwed the car up.

clubpro

Seller has taken the ad off of Craigslist. He was suppose to have accepted offers until tomorrow. He must have received an offer that he couldn't refuse...

Cheers,

Ron

somethingspecial

Marti Report

Before anyone orders a Marti Report for this car, a member here has stepped forward and offered to order a Marti Report for this car and send it to me. Unless you just want to order one, hold off until I get the report and I will confirm as soon as this member sends it to me.

Interesting the seller took the ad down. I wonder if he realized what he had and decided to keep it.