• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

getting are cars signed by shelby

Herck

some of us should get together the next time shelby does a shelby car show and get are car glove box sighned. it would be nice to head to a show with a bunch of people here to a shelby club meet. i personaly would love to meet the gy before its to late.

390cs68rcode

small problem with that is a 68 glove box is tilted so no one could see it. I have my 66 glovebox signed and you can't miss it. You can mail any car part into his office and he will sign it for a $200 donation to his charity.

case12

I had my passenger visor in my GT/CS signed by Carroll. Easy to take off, have him sign, and put back up. Casey

68MustangHCS

Signatures Cheap!

I'll sign your visors or any part you want dirt cheap! Send them into me for $10 bucks a signature!

LowcountrySteve in NC...

68gt390

68MustangHCS said:
I'll sign your visors or any part you want dirt cheap! Send them into me for $10 bucks a signature!

LowcountrySteve in NC...

Hey Steve;
Be careful when you say "sign your visors or any part you want" somebody might show up on your door step or send you a part you don't want to sign. :rofl:

Don

mikegtcs1968

This isn't intended only for this post, but also for the other current post comparing GT/CS with shelby.
Why would anyone want their GT/CS signed by shelby? It isn't a shelby. Just because some shelby fiberglass was thrown on it doesn't make it a shelby.
Sure, it may have had influence from shelby, but that could be said for any mustang that may bear any influence such as newer mustangs bearing the name Cobra. Are they shelbys? I say no.
I think a line of definite distinction should be drawn between the shelby mustangs and the gt/cs mustangs. As hard as a gt/cs owner may wish, their car is as much a shelby as a mexican toyota camry sporting shelby racing stripes.
I really don't think adding shelby's signature to the car adds any value at all (as measured in dollars, not sentiment), in fact, it might take some value away from the car because it shows the potential purchaser that the previous owners aspirations for the car are unattainable and somewhat lofty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Herck

its not for the car its for me hahaha i just want to meet the man there is a lot of cobra kit cars running around the streets that are fibre glass kit cars with his signature whos complaining about that . never said it was a shelby or ever thought it was either there really is no 1968 shelby built by shelby anyways. if i wanted a real shelby i would by one i thought it would be fun to get some people together for a run for fun.

rvrtrash

Hey Herck, I think a fun run would be a blast! I've been to the Shelby plant in Las Vegas and sent my "Cobra Caravan" print in to be signed but never met the man himself. By the way, if you decide to mail something in to get signed, here's the link. http://www.cscf.org/autograph.asp
:thumb:
Steve

68sunlitgold

mikegtcs1968,
I think you like to read into peoples posts and then make jabs at what someone wants to do with their GT/CS....Herck never stated (nor has anyone else stated) that the CS IS a Shelby. But the car does have its "looks, heritage, styling" (what ever you want to call it) from the 68 Shelby convertible which is tied (maybe very loosely by '68) with Carrol Shelby. Therefore, having a part of the car signed by Carrol is very appropriate.
My 2 cents!

Doug

Mosesatm

Good point Doug.

And Mike, if it will make someone happy to have his or her GT/CS signed by Shelby why put a damper on that enthusiasm? Let the people do what makes them happy. I can't see how it could negatively affect your life in any way if they do so.

How about easing up a lilttle on the perceived mean spiritedness (another new word) of your postings. They may not be intened to be negative but they come across that way on the screen.

390cs68rcode

How about easing up a lilttle on the perceived mean spiritedness (another new word) of your postings. They may not be intened to be negative but they come across that way on the screen.

not trying to pile on but I was thinking the same thing.

Mustanglvr

I`d be tickled pink if Carroll Shelby signed my 1987 Acura Legend. He`s a great race car driver!

OP
OP
H

Herck

so lets get together and head for ride to the next shelby meet. if we could get everyone to go it would all most be a invasion hahah. im sure they would treat us well.

Mustanglvr

Herck said:
so lets get together and head for ride to the next shelby meet. if we could get everyone to go it would all most be a invasion hahah. im sure they would treat us well.

Sounds like a great idea Herck. I`m in.