• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Looks like I'm going to be a owner again....with my old GTCS!

390cs68rcode

Some of you old timers will remember me (hopefully). I've owned a couple CS's in the past and have passed them to other people to enjoy them. I sold my Maroon CS back in 2006 and regretted it soon afterwards.

About 3-4 months ago I get a call asking my name and if I owned a 68 Mustang in the past. Started talking with the guy and he got the car from a church raffle......yes he won it in a raffle! I assume the person who bought it from me in 2006 gave it or sold it to this church (I might try and track this down at some point). The current owner has never owned a classic car so he really doesn't know much about it. I talked to him for a while with all the details on the car that I could remember. There were receipts from when I had the car in it when he won it at the raffle, that's how he found me.

At the end of the conversation I asked him if he would sell it back to me. His response was that he would consider selling it to me, so I asked at what price. He said $40,000 because that's what the raffle said it was worth. Needless to say it's not worth that and I let him know. He said he was going to take it to a local Ford dealer to see if he wanted it.........my heart sank. I figured if the dealer bought it then I could always buy it from the dealer as I know the dealer wouldn't give him 40k for it.

A few weeks later I called the owner and he said he didn't sell it for the 25k the dealer offered. I told him he should have taken that offer (I think that's all the money on the car). Fast forward to last night where I contact the owner again and he said he still had it. I made him a offer and he accepted it. Sending payment today!

Looking forward to getting it back and going over it.

Here is the thread when I put it up for sale
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2130

A few pics from the seller......looks just like when I sold it!

1FF69F62-5F9F-4B43-A7CD-6656C45338F3.png_zpsvgnqtqjj.jpeg

339F7611-1000-4E76-B00F-DE75CB3B30E9.png_zpsonlkrgzf.jpeg

Ruppstang

I do not blame you for wanting it back, it is beautiful. It appears in the photo to have rubber on the front bumper guard or is that just a shadow?
Marty

sam

What a great story. How awesome to get your car back ! Best of luck.
Sam

mbsf1970

Very cool circular story!! It looks fantastic! Presidential Blue and Maroon are my favourite colours on the Mustang. Congrats on your good fortune on getting it back. I trust you will enjoy it and not make same mistake back.
Stephen

teamlo

Very cool story. I like the car a lot. Always have liked that color!

Best regards,

Terry

clubpro

I love the story and the happy ending. I'm sure that most of us have that one car that we wish we had back. Mine is my very first Mustang. It was a 66 Tahoe Turquoise fastback and I would give just about anything to have it back except my High Country of course. :)

Great find and acquisition. Welcome back to this great site!

Cheers,

Ron

68 special

Welcome back Jason. good to hear from you again.

look forward to hearing the rest of the story.

Bret

somethingspecial

Welcome back Jason

I always love to hear stories of cars finding their way home. Quess that is why I loved the movie "Christine" so much. LOL. I always loved your 390 car. Wish I had it also. I think you had already sold your cars when I took over the Registry. Do you still have Marti Reports on any of your CS cars? Would love to add them to the Registry. Thanks. again, Welcome back. Mike

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I always love to hear stories of cars finding their way home. Quess that is why I loved the movie "Christine" so much. LOL. I always loved your 390 car. Wish I had it also. I think you had already sold your cars when I took over the Registry. Do you still have Marti Reports on any of your CS cars? Would love to add them to the Registry. Thanks. again, Welcome back. Mike

I think my cars and info are in the new stuff. I'll check next week sometime, heading the Vegas for a few days.

somethingspecial

Thanks Jason. What were the VINs on your CSs. I'll check my Marti Reports. I may have them. Just trying to be thorough. Have a safe trip. Mike

somethingspecial

Thanks Jason, I have this one in the Registry, just no Marti Report. Couldn't find the other one under your name. Hopefully you have the Marti Reports and or VIN on the other car. Thanks. Mike

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jason, welcome back! Great story. The part about it being a raffle prize is amazing! I'll be interested to hear if you find out the rest of that story.