• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shoulder Straps

gazrox

Can anyone shed some light on whether all '68 CS mustangs should have shoulder straps with the seat belt set.

I had a set of black belts from a '67 in mine but I'm changing back to original Ivy Gold interior.

Thanks for you help in advance!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm 99% sure of this, so someone can feel free to correct me, but my understanding is that they all had them because it was a new government mandated safety feature for 1968.

OP
OP
gazrox

gazrox

Great - thanks. '68 must have been the year for safety improvements as they also brought in the side reflectors and indicators.

franklinair

If anyone has a set of gold (Nugget or Lime) seatbelts, I could use a set for my convert project.

Neil