• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Emergency: Gas Tank

BrandonB

Ok guys my CS is leaking gasoline, not at a rapid rate, and it looks as if it is coming out of the two lines coming out of the gas tank. Most of the fuel looks like its collecting on the two line and not coming from the cornors of the tank its self or anything like that. I do not have a digital camera and my scanner is not hooked up so I will try and make a half a$$ed version of it in MS paint. Sorry guys hopefully someone can help me figure this out! I'll have the picture done soon.

Thanks

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I forgot to mention I looked through both a Chilton's and Haynes manual and neither one described or talked about the fuel tank at all.

Again sorry for having to do this in MS paint.

Attachments

• gas_tank_pic.gif
    gas_tank_pic.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 14

gtcsjcode

Best guess is to check the fuel line for crackes, the thin wire is for your fuel sending unit. There is a "O" ring that is used between the fuel sender and the tank. The way you just described is that it maybe a fuel line starting to give out.

I would try a new peice of fuel line and hook it up to the fuel sender and then clamp off the other side to see if it's the fuel sender O ring. If you try that and the leak goes away then it's probably the fuel hose that goes from the fuel sender the the metal fuel line.

If it's leaking from the tank though, I would drain all the gas as soon as possible and replace the tank.

Let us know what you find

Larry

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

If I pull the fuel line off the put a new one on some fuel will leak correct?

hookedtrout

[quote author=BrandonB link=board=1;threadid=891;start=0#msg4928 date=1082833838]
If I pull the fuel line off the put a new one on some fuel will leak correct?
[/quote]

Your tank should have a small drain valve on the bottom side, this would allow you to drain the tank out, make the changes you need and then put the gas back in the tank upon completion. I recently had a lot of problems with getting fuel to the engine and drained my tank just to see how clean the fuel was and it drained out fairly easy. Draining while full would require a lot of gas tanks to store the fuel so draining a low tank would be much easier.

Hook

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Ahh I see thank you guys so much for your help! I would be forever screwed if it wasnt for you guys ;D