• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Marchal Fog Light Brackets

AADaddy

Called Delta Bay today and they are out of stock of the Marchal Fog Light brackets. Whomever was making the brackets for them passed away. They've been trying to get the molds from the gentlemans estate. Tom's trying to get production going again but it sounds like it may be a way off. Anyone have a spare set they want to sell?

BroadwayBlue

Are you looking for the brackets that attach to the grill? Or the posts?

Bob Teets can help out with the posts - I'm not sure about the brackets though. I'm sure someone will chime in ...

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Looking for the brackets. Starting to think I will have to wait a while! No responses from anyone that has a set available.

franklinair

Neil (franklinair) does indeed have a pair of Marchal brackets, sent to me by Arlie (Mosesatm) to see about duplicating them. I've had no success locally, but I recently heard of a metal fabrication shop in the Atlanta area that may be ableto do it. I'll be in Atlanta in January for my FAA inspection re-certification, and I plan on checking out the facility then.

Neil

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

What is the biggest obstacle you are running into with getting them made? I have a couple metal fabrication connections in the Mid-West that I might be able to approach about getting these made.

franklinair

Correct metal material, bends/angles, welding. I'll post photos tomorrow. (Parts are at my airport shop.)

Neil

franklinair

Here are photos of the Marchal brackets:

Attachments

• Green GTCS 344.jpg
    Green GTCS 344.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Green GTCS 345.jpg
    Green GTCS 345.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Green GTCS 347.jpg
    Green GTCS 347.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 43
  • Green GTCS 346.jpg
    Green GTCS 346.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

My brother is a pretty talented fabricator actually. I sent him the pics to see if he could do this or knows somebody that might be able too. Any idea what guage of metal they need to be made from? It would seem the hardest part would be replicating the stamping for the hole in the metal.

Mosesatm

I may have the blueprints for those. I'll check.

ETA
Nope, but Mike may have them.

somethingspecial

I Do have the print. PM me your address and I will send it to you. I will need time to copy it first. The steel is 18 gauge. The dimple tool is a bear to make, but can be done. When drilling the hole, be advised the hole is not in the center of the dimple, but off set, opposite each other as the brackets sit at an angle due to the bend in the grills. The holes would correspond to the center line of the car to insure proper allignment of the lights. I am working on making the brackets, just low on my priority list right now. I have all the tools to do this, just perfecting some bends before I weld.

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

So here's an interesting twist. When I got the car the owner handed me a folder of receipts. In it were some Mustang Shops in the area where the car came from original. I decided to call the one most of the receipts came from back in 1999. They were still in business and I asked the guy if he had any originaly brackets. Not only does he have a set of original brackets but he has an entire original grille with the brackets installed! He claims the condition is an 8 out of 10. Said he pulled it out of a green colored car years ago. The first thought I had was that it might be my original grill! I think my car was painted Gulf Stream Aqua at one point. It currently has a 68 grille. Regardless it's mine for $250. Does this sound like a good deal? To me it does. Thoughts? While I haven't seen pictures of it everything he was describing over the phone checked out based on Paul's book and what I have read on the forums.

Last edited:

somethingspecial

At that price, grab it now. see what out he has. and if he has an extra set of brackets, grab them as well. JMHO

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Got my 1968 real deal GT/CS grill today! Very exciting. Can't wait to get it installed and put the Marchal lights on!

Attachments

• oldgrill.JPG
    oldgrill.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Do you know anywhere I can find the mounting harware for the marchal lights? I tried searching the forums but can't seem to find a clear answer.

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

After doing some work on the car over the weekend it looks like the only thing I am missing is the spacer. I have Paul's book but I don't see a clear indication of what size the spacer should be. Any idea how big? I'll probably make my own but need to figure out what size is needed.