• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Flashers

1968Cally

With our multi-bulb tail lights, What flasher number should be used for the turn signals and four-way flashers. I assume they are different due to the differing loads.

Thanks.

Dave

Ruppstang

I think a 223 will work but sometime you just have to experiment to get the flash speed you like.
Marty

Ruppstang

Do they not work now? What is there? Might just try a new replacement.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Do they not work now? What is there? Might just try a new replacement.
They do work now. Both are #522. I thought it odd that both would be the same number. Seems the 4-way flashes a little fast but certainly acceptable. I thought about replacing them (just because) now that my dash is all apart.

So, I posted my question just because I figured they would be different.

franklinair

I opted for the Plasma LED's from WCCC, but they require a different flasher due to the lower current draw. They are BRIGHT. Talk to Scott @ WCCC- he'll fix you up.

Neil

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Thanks. Turns out I just placed an order with them earlier today for the side A/C Outlets.

Ruppstang

I looked in the 68 electrical assembly manual and it gave no value for the flashers.
The NPD catalog lists a 224 323 and a 552 for turn signal for $2.95
Emergency flasher # 552 for $2.95
68 GTCS repro 13350-200A $104.95
Hope this helps

robert campbell

Dave,
The turn signal switch is prone to failure as it was designed to support only two rear taillights and not six. The LED lights are much brighter and take a lot less draw and preserve your turn signal switch. A win/win all he way around. You can even install them in your front turn signal buckets and they are a lot easier to remove when needed. If you have never pulled a light out of a 67/68 front blinker assembly, you will know when you try!!

Rob

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Dave,
The turn signal switch is prone to failure as it was designed to support only two rear taillights and not six. The LED lights are much brighter and take a lot less draw and preserve your turn signal switch. A win/win all he way around. You can even install them in your front turn signal buckets and they are a lot easier to remove when needed. If you have never pulled a light out of a 67/68 front blinker assembly, you will know when you try!!

Rob
Interesting. The Turn signal switch was replaced by the prior owner a few months ago. Maybe I should go with the LEDs. Now the question is what type of flashers do I need to get if I go with the LEDs?

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Dave,

Rob
Interesting. The Turn signal switch was replaced by the prior owner a few months ago. Maybe I should go with the LEDs. Now the question is what type of flashers do I need to get if I go with the LEDs?

Batgirl89

Scott, Please post a public shopping list for what we need for our GT/CS 's LED conversion
Thank you very much, Sheryl

Neil, Thank you for the picture.

franklinair

I just spoke with WCCC and he said they don't carry the Flashers for LED installations. Strange. But I looked up NPD's listings, and they list a Flasher for LED operation: P/N 13350-6, $9.95
Here are photos of before & after LED's.

Neil

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 14
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I just spoke with WCCC and he said they don't carry the Flashers for LED installations. Strange. But I looked up NPD's listings, and they list a Flasher for LED operation: P/N 13350-6, $9.95
Here are photos of before & after LED's.

Neil
Thanks. You are making this too easy

CougarCJ

I am not an expert on the plasma lights or electrical / electronics. My expertise is in Cougar and Ford Carchaeology.

I would also be interested in a list of parts for sequential plasma LED lights on my GT/CS. :cool:

franklinair

I bought my Plasma LED's from WCCC (a set of 6, $76+/- + shipping). They do not carry the low amperage flashers, but NPD does. NPD is out of stock on 13350-6 flashers, BUT if you call them they do have 13350-6B units, $11.95 ea. You need 2: one for turn signals, one for emerg flasher.
I don't do the sequential mod. Too much $$$, and I prefer the standard 3 bulb lights.

Neil

Batgirl89

I bought my Plasma LED's from WCCC (a set of 6, $76+/- + shipping). They do not carry the low amperage flashers, but NPD does. NPD is out of stock on 13350-6 flashers, BUT if you call them they do have 13350-6B units, $11.95 ea. You need 2: one for turn signals, one for emerg flasher.
I don't do the sequential mod. Too much $$$, and I prefer the standard 3 bulb lights.

Neil

Thank you Neil!!

Have you tried the yellow plasma led from WCCC for the marker and turn bulb replacement?

Sheryl