• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anything wrong with this picture?

Mustanglvr

My husband just got an idea to do some repairs on my GT/CS, namely replace the flywheel. Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

It`s a wonder I`m still sane, I think.....

Attachments

• mycar!!!1.jpg
    mycar!!!1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 162

Mosesatm

My husband just got an idea to do some repairs on my GT/CS, namely replace the flywheel. Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

It`s a wonder I`m still sane, I think.....

That is interesting. Did he possibly consider placing the ends of the ramps on the drums, instead of placing the front tires there?

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

That is interesting. Did he possibly consider placing the ends of the ramps on the drums, instead of placing the front tires there?

It`s sitting on the tilted flatbed of a semi-truck and each tire is on an empty 55 gallon barrel.
He calls it his "redneck carlift".:icon_bore

GTCS07

It looks like the rear is resting on the flatbed, hitting the quarters and exhaust. I'm guessing he won't be using a tranny jack so pulling it out and standing on that incline should be interesting. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

The only thing touching are the tires.

It will be interesting to see how he gets out the tranny. I`ll keep you all updated.:icon_bore :wink:

Timmknz

Guess what I do for a living?

As a fellow highland green GT/CS owner, your picture killed me...
I am a Safety & Health Manager, the picture is now in my slideshow of "things that should never be done"
Of course, everyone here at work thinks it is my GT/CS up in the air.
Why would they think that, just because I drive an old ford pickup, have a couple of acres with cattle, horses, pigs and chickens, have an old barn with a lot of necessary stuff for keeping things going around the place and live in the country?
Maybe it's the country western music I listen to all day (yes, we like both kinds of music, country and western......) :)

Goodluck, my wife says she is no longer sane either, must be livin in the country that does it to all you wimmenfolk.....:)

Tim

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks Timmknz, the location is here in town (pop. 250) at a friends old Standard station/welding/repair shop. This is how our friend changes oil and repairs his own cars.
I really did`nt believe it till I saw it. It is chained in the back.
Living in and around small towns in the midwest, you would`nt believe what I`ve seen.:icon_conf

sam

sure wouldn't pass osha up here........no too safe

Sam

hotrodgrany

Rhonda, tell your husband be carefull with your Baby, If things work out hope to see it soon and running. We need to get these two GT/CS's together.:icon_wink

Mosesatm

I think I've figured it out. He probably placed the car on the flatbed and placed the barrels right up against the end of the bed, he then rolled the car onto the barrels.

Now comes the tricky part. He pulled the truck forward until the rear tires were at the end of the bed then installed the ramps. He then pulled the truck forward a little farther, rolling the car down the ramps, until the car was level.

Why not just leave the rear tires on the truck bed and use taller barrels?

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Sorry the picture is so misleading. The ramp that you all see is part of the truck that lowers down so you can drive it off the truck onto the ground. He lowered it after putting the car on the barrells. The car is sitting on all four tires. When he`s done, he will lift the ramp up and the car will roll back onto the truck. I`m not gonna watch though.:eek:

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Rhonda, tell your husband be carefull with your Baby, If things work out hope to see it soon and running. We need to get these two GT/CS's together.:icon_wink

Yeah Kathy, he`s being careful. He still has to put the tranny back in and then work on the brakes. Hopefully it will be done this weekend. Hope to see you soon.

68 GTCS

Does anyone else hear banjo music, Advice: take out a large insurance policy on car and husband, and stay clear.:grin:

Kevin

franklinair

I'll be happy when the car is back on all four wheels (on the ground!) My heart can't take too much of this!! :scared:

Neil