• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale HELP for new guy

seancarson

:eek: lost job as radio traffic reporter/roadside helper around a two years ago (locals may know me KIRO 710 Hghway Helper ) so living off savings and finished up on some projects ... new baby girl (Lucy Jane comming in Nov.) money almost gone . so with heavy heart selling what was to be MY car 1968 GT/CS same one listed on Ebay in Renton a few threads down .

It didnt sell :confused: I have around $55,000 or so in recepits stopped counting not including paint job or labor ,I didnt build it to sell I did it to keep. but now its the car or the house . so if anyone can help me sell this car Ill give you $2000 after the sell . this is not just a story Ive posted localy in Reno,L.A.,Boston ,Neatherlande,and Japan

Just found the GT/CS forum last week , Cant seem to get any photos downloaded . Ill keep tring . Im an ASE Master Tech and love this car and take pride in my work ...any help or advise would be great
Shanetstafford@gmail.com 206-979-5448

franklinair

Need info: Marti report, VIN, photos, description.
Hate to burst your bubble, but- unless you have a rare, big block type model, $35K is way high for today's market.

Neil Hoppe

aemoo28

Would be helpful to post a link to said thread regarding car for sale. Pics too please when you can. Marti report too.

Neil is right, too much $.

Mosesatm

Marti report

Attachments

• Renton Marti.jpg
    Renton Marti.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
S

seancarson

I know its a bit high but I going on the $$$ spent and high hopes O.K. probably to high hopes . what do you guys think I can get for her ?. If I could Id keep it ,I know Ill never get all of my $$ back out of it . but I HAVE to sell it or lose my home .

Jobs are hard to get lately ??? so Im at the end . Shane

Mosesatm could you post the ebay link for me ,Im just not good at computer stuff
Thank You

Mosesatm

I know its a bit high but I going on the $$$ spent and high hopes O.K. probably to high hopes . what do you guys think I can get for her ?. If I could Id keep it ,I know Ill never get all of my $$ back out of it . but I HAVE to sell it or lose my home .

Mosesatm could you post the ebay link for me ,Im just not good at computer stuff
Thank You

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...cks?hash=item45eda0dec8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

JohnnyQuest515

I thought the ending ebay bid was very generous. Suggest you put it in classic auto trader see what happens.

Things are slow including sale of cars.

Good luck, Randy

OP
OP
S

seancarson

Ebay bid

The ebay bid was $100 away from reserve and it didnt sell when I gave a second chance offer nither bidder responded?? its been weird I dont even get offers I put in K.C. Mo craigslist for $10,000 just to see and nothing?

I did get an offer of straight trade my GT/CS for a 140lb crystal orb
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RedGTvert

Thank You

I am not one to say never, but it sounds like time is not on your side. If you had all the time in the world, you could hold out to get what you want, but unfortunately you are too far upside down on the car.

Don't feel bad. Many people have done the same as you when it comes to restoring these old buggers.

OP
OP
S

seancarson

thats ok if I dont get my price I just need it sold . so I can live to build another day...$2000 offer still applies.

RedGTvert

thats ok if I dont get my price I just need it sold . so I can live to build another day...$2000 offer still applies.

Good to hear your positive thinking.

I already know that I will never, ever get back what I have put into my car, but I also know that if I needed some quick cash, it is still better to have my car to sell, then many of the other toys I have treated myself to that are worth $.02 on the dollar.

I'll be following your thread in hopes of a positive outcome.

gofastguy

Your car will be a VERY nice car for the right owner. Good luck on finding it a good home. People here seem to delight in matching up buyers and sellers.

JohnnyQuest515

Your so right Steve! I found my car right here in the CS.com classifieds after joining the forum.

Only problem is...I keep buy stuff for my car! Good problem though!

Randy

gofastguy

If you need to sell soon, you may want to lose the 35K. I think the big number may well be scaring prospective buyers. I noticed this with my car which I acquired in July. It was listed at 38.5K and there was little if any interest. I am guessing that if people knew it could have been bought for market price (or a bit under) that there might have been a LOT more interest!