• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS SIX CYLINDER

STEVE

I HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY A CS WITH A SIX CYLINDER FOR 6000$. IT IS IN GOOD DRIVING SHAPE, NO AC, THREE SPEED. HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? THANKS FOR ANY HELP! STEVE

OP
OP
S

STEVE

NO OPTIONS THAT I KNOW OF. HAS 76,000 ORIGINAL MILES (SUPPOSEDLY). A SIDE QUESTION. ARE THE ORIGINAL TRUNKLIDS MADE OF FIBERGLASS? ARE THE CLONE LIDS JUST REGULAR STEEL TRUNK LIDS WITH A BOLT ON SPOILER? IS THERE AN EASY METHOD OF SPOTTING A CLONE? THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR HELP!

rvrtrash

The original trunk lids are all fiberglass with a texture to the underside of the skin. If you can see an area that's not painted, it will have a pinkish color. The only way to tell for sure if it's a real CS though is with the Marti Report. The price guide on this site is a good start, but it is a couple of years old and prices on all Mustangs have gone up a bunch in the last 2 years. If the one you're looking at is a real one, all the parts are correct and there is no rust and it's mechanically sound, I'd say it's a good deal, without being able to look at it myself of course.