• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Valance Exhaust cutouts??????

spoiler

Did only the G.T equiped C/S's have the rear valance with the exhaust cut outs and chrome tips or did all C/S's have this?

mmarsalone

Yes, that was part of the GT package. But a bery common upgrade to many 8 cylinder 67 and 68 Mustangs. And you'll see many GT CSs with this valance.

murf104

Did the "X" code C/S have dual exhaust with the modesty panel cutouts and the chrome extensions?

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Maybe that is more the question I should have asked since mine is an X-code.

@Holmes

Its hard to say. My Ford book lists the 390 2v as a single exhaust. But from what I remember, please correct me, but the 390 X was not originaly intended for the Mustang. Check to see if you have hangers that look like an inverted Y. These attach to the muflers in front of the axel and bolt in at the upper nethers of the axel well. If you have hangers that have a doughnut and bolt in near the lower rear seat then this is for a transverse (single mufler behind the axel) dual.

OP
OP
S

spoiler

Yes it has the dounut style in front of axle (2) and also has the factory hangers on each frame rail beside the gas tank so it looks to me like it had factory duals. Thanks