• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Triple "B's" Garage

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Might be the first time or the last time you will see to Holley 7695-1 numbers correct GT-390 4 speed carbs together at the same time. Eric's is on the right and Dan's on the left. Eric's is ready to ship and Dan's dialed in but needs a bit of choke tuning in the a.m. Hope to deliver Dan's car to him tomorrow and a big thanks to him for letting me dial in Eric's carb on his car! I am very confident that Eric's will bolt on a run great!

Bonus points for the person who can tell the one minor difference between the two!! It has nothing to do with numbers.

Rob

68gulfstream

The choke thermostat and vacuum secondary assembly look a little different in size and shape and details... could be the photo?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rob spaced on Eric's carb and the transfer tube is now fixed! The minor difference between the two carbs is in the front on shot. Eric's carb has the correct 50 CC acceleration pump housing. I have the correct housing for Dan's carb, but I am looking for the longer spring.

Dan's carb has the later, smaller acceleration pump. We will fix that another time!! It runs awesome!!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rare shot of handsome Dan at my GT/HCS barbeque at Haven lake. No tire smoking yet as he was on my neighbors driveway!!

calspcl

Picked up the beast today from Robs garage. It runs great and stops now! The new (correct) carb is working great and the detailing on the engine block looks much better. Going to take it out tomorrow and put her through the paces before the rain hits on Friday.

Thanks for doing your magic doctor Rob!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Another pic of Dan at the BBQ!! Dan, is that your beautiful wife I hope?? The Brunette?

Rob

Last edited:

clubpro

I absolutely agree and I wish that I was closer too. I'm restoring a 69 Cougar Eliminator and could use Rob's expertise when it is time to dial in the 351 Windsor. I may just say screw it and put her on a trailer and haul her up to see the master :)

Cheers,

Ron

franklinair

Who IS that handsome devil?? I notice he has his caretaker with him... :wink:

Neil

calspcl

That is my better half! That was a great event to meet face to face with folks here on the forum and enjoy some fine Brisket!

BTW, took a run yesterday with the beast. It was like driving a different car!
Thanks for dialing her in Rob!

68gulfstream

Great to see the Acapulco 390 photos.

Those 225 tires look good. They are ok in the front at the stock suspension height, or is it a little elevated in the front to clear?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Who IS that handsome devil?? I notice he has his caretaker with him... :wink:

Neil

Yes, Dad does have his better half!! Caught you with your mouth full!! I may need to do another gathering! I have expanded my Brisket routine to include Kansas City Style Burnt Ends from the Brisket fat cap end!!! They are to die for!! Called barbeque "candy" by some!!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

That is my better half! That was a great event to meet face to face with folks here on the forum and enjoy some fine Brisket!

BTW, took a run yesterday with the beast. It was like driving a different car!
Thanks for dialing her in Rob!

Dan, it was my honor to work on such a nice, powerful GT/CS. Wow, is your better half a lot prettier than you!!

Rob

calspcl

Eric, these cars always seem to ride high in the front and squat in the rear. The rear suspension has been replaced. When I tear into the front suspension this winter, 1" lowering springs will be on the parts list!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Ok, back to my current reality after the big block show! Six shooter mocked up for installation in my customers 68 Mustang coupe. Carb and valve cover will come off for lifting. Old spark plugs for foreign material exclusion. Vibration damper is on, but had to turn down the hardened washer. Need to chase the crank threads, and Valla! Read to drop in!

Rob