• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Which look better with styled wheels: White sidewall or Raised white letter tires?

di81977

Black side. Never really liked raised white letters or white walls.

CougarCJ

Funny, we just finished a thread like this over in the Cougar room down the hall.

Raise white letters with styled steel wheels.

White walls go best with 70 series tires and deluxe hub caps. IMHO.

GT/CS S Code

We just re-installed a set of factory chrome GT wheels on our car with a set of B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's and opted for the "stealth" look. Blackwalls out, no white letters showing ...

A "Sleeper" ... or do you think the stripes give it away?
:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 37

PFSlim

My wheels are darker than they are suppose to be, however we liked the darker look.

Paul

Attachments

• calspec8.jpg
    calspec8.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 34

HappyHour

We just re-installed a set of factory chrome GT wheels on our car with a set of B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's and opted for the "stealth" look. Blackwalls out, no white letters showing ...

A "Sleeper" ... or do you think the stripes give it away?
:wink:

Its the red that gave it away...BTW...RWL (when baby gets new pair(s) of shoes) on BFs otherwise I go stealth on anything else.

P

PNewitt

If you're wondering....

Here is what an original CS looked like with original whitewalls on styled steel wheels. This is a shot of the premiere CS (also a GT) on the stage in the Feb 15th, 1968 dealer event in Los Angeles (and this car has not surfaced).

Somethig to consider, if you wish to be "period correct".

The trick is finding these tires...maybe through those period tires dealers, listed in Hemmings, etc. Maybe someone can find such a place for those who might want these tires. Either E70-14, or F70-14 size.

Paul.

Attachments

• whitewall.gif
    whitewall.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 44

teamlo

I personally like the thin WW tire. The repros are bias-ply but if I could find a radial with a similar look, I'd switch. Right now I am running BFGs, RWL.

I'm kinda different in my tastes. I actually like the original 289 Shelby Cobra with whitewall tires! Just looks right to me.

Terry