• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Brittany Blue 390 Toploader

68gulfstream

I could probably live with the vinyl top :wink:

http://www2.carsonline.com/col3/col?use=visitor.BrowseVehicles&cmd=showVehicle&posting_id=82420

It's sold, but here's the description. I bet you guys have already seen this one.

Mustang GT/CS. This rotisserie restored California Special is the only one of the original 111 390GT 4 speed California Special's that came from the factory in Brittany Blue. She is a true 1 of 1 complete with her original VIN stamped block and toploader 4 speed. Built to be driven, the 390GT was cammed up a bit, custom subframe connectors were welded in and traction masters were added to the original 9" rear-end. With just over 800 miles since the complete bare metal rust free restoration she is fully sorted and ready to drive anywhere.

Price $ 40,000

68ford82420-1.jpg

68ford82420-2.jpg

68ford82420-3.jpg

68ford82420-4.jpg

Mosesatm

If you don't mind spending that kind of money you may like this one, if Cam still has it. No vinyl top.

Attachments

• OK Craigslist Ad 1-15-17.pdf
    478.6 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
68gulfstream

68gulfstream

If you don't mind spending that kind of money you may like this one, if Cam still has it. No vinyl top.

Just to circle back on this one, Cam's car looks pretty sweet. The color is a plus, but I'm really set on having a manual.

hatchdog

It's a nice example. How do you guys feel about the vinyl tops?

Personally I like the appearance of vinyl tops, mostly on specific color cars. Highland Green, Red and the Blue colors look better with vinyl tops than the lighter colored cars, IMO.

p51

Personally I like the appearance of vinyl tops, mostly on specific color cars. Highland Green, Red and the Blue colors look better with vinyl tops than the lighter colored cars, IMO.

I agree 100%. Especially red with black top and highland green with black top... reminds me of "Little Red" and "Green Hornet" and I personally think that the Green Hornet is one of the best looking cars ever produced...

Edward Bodoh

Vinyl tops

IMO a vinyl top car sets itself apart from a non vinyl regardless of the color combo. The parchment on candyapple red is hot...but even the lighter cars look good with them as well. And yes I'm a fan of my white walls as well Rob...lol.

Attachments

• 20161109_121058.jpg
    20161109_121058.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 29