• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted AM-FM Radio

whodat

Looking for a AM-FM radio for a 68 mustang for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruppstang

Expect to pay $700 - $!000 for a working 68 AM-FM radio. 70's AM FM radio's are much less and will fit if it does not need to be correct.
I wanted to keep my original AM radio in our 68 HCS so I sent it out and had it converted to AM FM. It works great and there is no way to tell it is converted by looking at it. I think It cost around $300 to convert it.
Marty

TraveledGTCS

Marty,

Where did you send your AM radio to have it converted? I have one which I would like to have converted. I currently have an after market one in, but I have an original 68 Philco AM one which I would like to install in my Special - after I have it converted.

Did the place you had yours done do a good job. I've heard about a couple places where they did a poor jobs. I would also want one which can include an adapter for use with my Sirius radio.

Thanks,

Bill

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Thanks for that info Marty. I found a place in Florida that converts.

Last edited:

Ruppstang

Expect to pay $700 - $!000 for a working 68 AM-FM radio. 70's AM FM radio's are much less and will fit if it does not need to be correct.
I wanted to keep my original AM radio in our 68 HCS so I sent it out and had it converted to AM FM. It works great and there is no way to tell it is converted by looking at it. I think It cost around $300 to convert it.
Marty

Bill I do not have a phone number but I have his address. I will send you a PM