• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

J-Code Smog Tubes

Mosesatm

It's time to pull the engine to clean it up but I don't know if the blue remnants on the smog tubes is correct or if someone went crazy with the blue paint (like on the rest of the engine).

Does anyone know the correct colors of the smog parts?
The second photo is one I found on the internet a couple years ago. Is it correct?

Thanks

PS, Yes, I'm going to also clean up that disaster of an engine compartment.

Attachments

• Smog Tubes Small.jpg
    Smog Tubes Small.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 78
  • smog-tubes.jpg
    smog-tubes.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

CougarCJ

Thermactor smog tubes painted with the engine, Ford engine blue.

CougarCJ

Yes, good luck with trying to take them apart for re-use.

Leave them attached to the cylinder heads if at all possible.

A complete 302 small block 1968 Thermactor smog system is heading in the direction of the big block stuff value wise.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rob and Scott,

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely leave them attached.