• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for Paint Matching help

miller511

Hi all,

In keeping with the slippery slope theme that is the engine bay of my CS...(it's a good thing...don't get me wrong ;-)

I'm looking to color match (with the exterior) the inside (hidden when the hood is closed) portion of the fenders and cowl that should be the color of the outside of the car and is currently black.

I know this is probably a long shot, but...

Does anyone know where I can get an aerosol (12oz shaker ball can) version of a not quite original shade of paint to touch these areas up?

Thanks, Jeff

Perkchiro

I purchased a shaker touchup for my interior and also a shaker ball brush type for body paint touchup. This was a local shop, and I'm sure you have a local shop that can custom mix it for you. Here's my shop:
[SIZE=+1]Valley Paint & Supply[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2457 N Patterson Ave[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Springfield, MO 65803[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
(417) 865-6073
[/SIZE]

Mosesatm

Is it possible to wipe off the black with paint thinner and get to the original color beneath?

miller511 said:
Hi all,

In keeping with the slippery slope theme that is the engine bay of my CS...(it's a good thing...don't get me wrong ;-)

I'm looking to color match (with the exterior) the inside (hidden when the hood is closed) portion of the fenders and cowl that should be the color of the outside of the car and is currently black.

I know this is probably a long shot, but...

Does anyone know where I can get an aerosol (12oz shaker ball can) version of a not quite original shade of paint to touch these areas up?

Thanks, Jeff

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Steve,

I'll try my local paint shop and see if they offer the aerosol can paint match.

Arlie,

I had considered the paint thinner approach of carefully removing the black paint layer. But I saw that there was some deep scratches and changed course.
It's a good idea though...especially if the sheet metal and paint is in good shape.

Thank you guys for the tips. It's much appreciated.

-Jeff

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Follow-up.

No luck with my local shop. (it was going to be a convoluted process that I didn't feel like enduring).

After some more searching, I found http://www.ppgcarpaint.com and ordered the shaker can size of what I need. Not cheap, but that's the way it goes.

-Jeff