• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

popoff gascap security

66 Dearborn HCS

Is there anyway to modify the popoff gascap to put a cap with a lock under it (directly on the opening)? I'd like to get the look but would prefer more secuity, and the standard locking gascap that you can get aftermarket looks kinda dorky. Is there a mod to flip the cap and then have to use a key to get the "cap under the cap" off.

Russ

Interestingly enough, the repro pop-off gas caps available now require a seperate gas cap that must be removed after the pop-off is open. While I haven't tried to put a locking gas cap under a repro cap, I don't know why it would not fit, as the ears on the regular cap do stick out. One issue with the repro cap is that it protrude a bit further out than an original style pop-off cap, and that is identifiable when the CS/HCS fiberglass taillamp is in place. Hope this helps,

Russ