• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for a home?

pasta

Recently acquired a California Special with intentions of parting out. However, the car is more complete than I thought.

Though the car is need of a restoration, and now has a 351C, I thought this web sight might be a good place to confirm it's an original California Special and maybe find the car a new home VS. parting out.

VIN 8R01C142696

65A W 2A 15B 7 1

BrandonB

If the VIN is correct then that is a VIN for a CS a marti report would be your best bet to know for sure just click VIN REPORTS and theres a link there.

OP
OP
P

pasta

Thanks for the info.

The car is in Maryland if anyone is interested in purchasing.

Duran

That depends on the price and condition of the car.. You can email me directly.

OP
OP
P

pasta

I'm working on getting some pics. I'm not familiar with California Specials. Fastbacks are my thing. This site's price guide section seems to gestimate the value at $3500 (poor) plus maybe a little for the 289 option and a little for factory air option.

Car has two new quarters ($319 each according to the receipts that came with the car. Also has other misc. "stuff" Window handles, stripe kit, JVC Mustang radio, etc.

$2500 seems reasonable...

I live in PA. please send me some pictures I am very inerested.
Joel

Eastcoast

I'm in Maryland and interested in the car also. Please e-mail me if the PA guy is not interested. Thanks

OP
OP
P

pasta

I took some pic's today. Will try to get them online bt tonight.

Thanks

OP
OP
P

pasta

Sorry

all the pictures are coming back too big to send.

Anyone seriously interested I will e-mail them directly.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here are the pics that pasta emailed me.

Attachments

• passenger.JPG
    passenger.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 17

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here's the second pic

Attachments

• Drivers_side1.JPG
    Drivers_side1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 16

68sunlitgold

Nice Sunlit Gold color...but by the door tag it should be Meadowlark Yellow. Looks like an OK deal if it is a true CS.
Doug

OP
OP
P

pasta

Doug

You are correct. I have found "traces" of Meadowlark Yellow.

Also found other receipts while going through the car.

$2389 receipt for electrical work. Looks like $550 for Under Dash Harness, but mostly labor to the tune of $1600.

Both Quarter Panels(not on the car as evidenced from the pics) were purchased from Maryland Mustang for $319.00 each. Also have FT Valance ($39.75)

Receipt from Dallas Mustang Totals $599.39. Mostly 119.95 stripe kit, 44.95 trunk mat(in box), 209.00 JVC Radio, 26.00 wheel trim ring.

[quote author=pasta link=board=3;threadid=640;start=15#msg3477 date=1066614253]
Doug

You are correct. I have found "traces" of Meadowlark Yellow.

Also found other receipts while going through the car.

$2389 receipt for electrical work. Looks like $550 for Under Dash Harness, but mostly labor to the tune of $1600.

Both Quarter Panels(not on the car as evidenced from the pics) were purchased from Maryland Mustang for $319.00 each. Also have FT Valance ($39.75)

Receipt from Dallas Mustang Totals $599.39. Mostly 119.95 stripe kit, 44.95 trunk mat(in box), 209.00 JVC Radio, 26.00 wheel trim ring.

Please send info on car. I live in Md and would be interestd even if you are parting out.[/quote]

OP
OP
P

pasta

Re:Looking for a home? Update

Had a little time to "play" with the car this weekend. Made sure the engine wasn't siezed. Checked oil(clean) Installed some temporary additional fuel filters. Charged the battery and .........She fired right up. Went for a "spin" . Transmission seems to shift with no problems.

Again, here's the deal. Would rather not part out. 2 new rear quarter panels, Misc parts, starts, runs, solid frame. I have not run any type of ad other than this website, but would like to find a home for this car. I turned down an offer for $1,500 because I think the car is a great deal for $2500. Any feedback would be great, or if anyone knows of another "good" place to list the car, let me know. Again, I'm in Maryland

Thanks.

Duran

Just so that everybody knows this is a true GT/CS based on the VIN provided. 289v2, A/C car. I have the Marti Report and will be sending it to Pasta.

Good luck selling the car Pasta, I wish we could have worked it out but I understand your concerns and you need to do what you are comfortable with.

Duran