• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Dash pad

retroman99

please help on any leads to get an original OEM used dash pad in good condition. I have looked at 3 after market pads and don't like any of them. The dashes direct pad isn't the correct texture or material and that is what NPD sells. I have the same one from another source its the same as NPD appears to have been produced by dashes direct as well. I had Mustangs to fear send me theirs it is really nice but not original style and very different updated look. my original dash is in ok condition but has a few hard brittle spots with some cracks starting I'm getting to the end and have looked at swap meets Craig's list and EBay with little luck. I keep looking I need dark blue but at this point ill take any color and dye it. if somebody has another source for Repop let me know.

OP
OP
R

retroman99

please help on any leads to get an original OEM used dash pad in good condition. I have looked at 3 after market pads and don't like any of them. The dashes direct pad isn't the correct texture or material and that is what NPD sells. I have the same one from another source its the same as NPD appears to have been produced by dashes direct as well. I had Mustangs to fear send me theirs it is really nice but not original style and very different updated look. my original dash is in ok condition but has a few hard brittle spots with some cracks starting I'm getting to the end and have looked at swap meets Craig's list and EBay with little luck. I keep looking I need dark blue but at this point ill take any color and dye it. if somebody has another source for Repop let me know.

does anybody have experience with the scott drake dash pad. seems it comes in black. can it be dyed? the dashes direct dash pad specifically says it cant . I'm curious if the fit and finish. grain. from what I read it says the vinyl is vacuum formed then filled with foam. sounds better than the dashes direct version I have it is more expensive but at this point I'm not worried about a few bucks