• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nor-Cal, Roamin' Angels Car Show...

Midnight Special

...today in Grass Valley that was attended by over 750 antiques, classics and hot rods. We were the only GT/CS in the mix w/ the black 302 4-spd. Lots of attention, curiosity and new friends!

Attachments

• r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 28
  • r20.jpg
    r20.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 26
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Other fabulous Fords...

...included an original GT-350, a red trailered '69 351w fastback w/ 10,400 original miles (current owner found stored in a garage by a former dealer), a white '69 Mach, a red Torino GT w/ Ram Air and a "Bullitt" replica complete w/ Steve McQueen movie poster and a TV monitor showing the famous chase scene over & over! It featured a 427 stroked from a 351 vs the 390...

There were numerous '65s, '66s, plus an all original Plymouth Super Bird.

Excellent weather and show made for a fantastic day!

Attachments

• r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 18
  • r9.jpg
    r9.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • r19.jpg
    r19.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 19
  • r15.jpg
    r15.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 21
  • r14.jpg
    r14.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 23
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 18

Mustanglvr

Great pics Tim!
Gee, how many car shows does Grass Valley have every year? Its a small community isn`t it? It sure looks like a beautiful and friendly place to live.
How did you decide to only take the black and gold 302 GT/CS?

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
Great pics Tim!
Gee, how many car shows does Grass Valley have every year? Its a small community isn`t it? It sure looks like a beautiful and friendly place to live.
How did you decide to only take the black and gold 302 GT/CS?

Rhonda, Grass Valley now hosts annually: GV Downtown Assn. - 350+ cars, Roamin' Angels: 750+, Nevada County Mustangers: - approx. 100 as well as smaller venues for local non-profit events... Add the GT/CS gathering at Mike & Robinette's and the inclusion of cars at GV and Auburn air shows and it quickly becomes a busy summer.

Yes, it is "Heaven on Earth" here... In the Sierra foothills 1 hr from skiing, from the malls, from the valley, from the mountains... lakes and fishing everywhere and tall pines galore! Sufficient, but not too much rain or snow, yet balanced temperatures save for the ocassional heat wave. Diverse and largely retirement aged population...

I took the black & gold CS b/c "TheBlkPearl" said he had never seen one. Also, I rarely get to drive the darn "thang" 'cuz somebody always calls "dibbs" on it when we do our group cruises!! The 302 4v with around 2K miles is running stronger than ever! Add the close-ratio 4 spd. and beefy suspension and it is an absolute blast to drive!!

Attachments

• blkcs.jpg
    blkcs.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 24

Mustanglvr

Thanks for the reply Tim, sounds like a great place and a great car!

marie68csmustangs

Mustanglvr said:
Thanks for the reply Tim, sounds like a great place and a great car!

Yeah, Grass Valley is a great place. I do miss it a lot! even though I'm only a hour away from it - a lot of my best memories are from there. It's a nice escape from smoggy, hot and traffic filled Sacramento! I do try to get up there around least every month. Well, nice pictures as always Tim :))

Marie

Mustanglvr

I thought you lived in Grass Valley too Marie. I suppose your school is in Sacramento though.

our special

Hi Tim, what size wheels & tires are you running on this car and where did you buy your wheels? ( After market, I think?? )

Thanks, Dave

QUOTE=Midnight Special]Rhonda, Grass Valley now hosts annually: GV Downtown Assn. - 350+ cars, Roamin' Angels: 750+, Nevada County Mustangers: - approx. 100 as well as smaller venues for local non-profit events... Add the GT/CS gathering at Mike & Robinette's and the inclusion of cars at GV and Auburn air shows and it quickly becomes a busy summer.

Yes, it is "Heaven on Earth" here... In the Sierra foothills 1 hr from skiing, from the malls, from the valley, from the mountains... lakes and fishing everywhere and tall pines galore! Sufficient, but not too much rain or snow, yet balanced temperatures save for the ocassional heat wave. Diverse and largely retirement aged population...

I took the black & gold CS b/c "TheBlkPearl" said he had never seen one. Also, I rarely get to drive the darn "thang" 'cuz somebody always calls "dibbs" on it when we do our group cruises!! The 302 4v with around 2K miles is running stronger than ever! Add the close-ratio 4 spd. and beefy suspension and it is an absolute blast to drive!![/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Dave, the rims are 14" chromed styled-steel w/ GT hub caps. The tires are Modifier 605 Steel Radials, P215/60R14 front and P245/60R14MS rear. I couldn't tell (at midnight) if the rims are aftermarket or not, but they are of excellent quality. I bought the car much as you see it, but spent another $3K having the entire underside redone. It was obviously built to go stoplight to stoplight w/ 3:88 gears and very (too) low profile, but its 3,500 rpm at 55 mph was hardly practical. I installed a 3:08 Posi, Sway bar, new balanced drive shaft, raised all fours 1.5", rebuilt the trans, all new front end suspension and 4 new springs... I'm now having a hard time keeping within classic car insurance criteria for wanting to drive it all the time :)

Attachments

• cse.jpg
    cse.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

our special

Midnight Special said:
...Dave, the rims are 14" chromed styled-steel w/ GT hub caps. The tires are Modifier 605 Steel Radials, P215/60R14 front and P245/60R14MS rear. I couldn't tell (at midnight) if the rims are aftermarket or not, but they are of excellent quality. I bought the car much as you see it, but spent another $3K having the entire underside redone. It was obviously built to go stoplight to stoplight w/ 3:88 gears and very (too) low profile, but its 3,500 rpm at 55 mph was hardly practical. I installed a 3:08 Posi, Sway bar, new balanced drive shaft, raised all fours 1.5", rebuilt the trans, all new front end suspension and 4 new springs... I'm now having a hard time keeping within classic car insurance criteria for wanting to drive it all the time :)

Thank you Tim, I was asking because I like, and have, the factory style steel wheels on mine now but I would like to go with a wider wheel, maybe a 14" x 8" or even a 15" x 8".
I think Donna is right, it looks like what you have is a wheel from "Specialty Wheel" because of the all chrome rim instead of the trim ring.
I'm seriously thinking about going with with their wheel because you can get several widths and I like the chrome rim.

Dave

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

our special said:
Thank you Tim, I was asking because I like, and have, the factory style steel wheels on mine now but I would like to go with a wider wheel, maybe a 14" x 8" or even a 15" x 8".
I think Donna is right, it looks like what you have is a wheel from "Specialty Wheel" because of the all chrome rim instead of the trim ring.
I'm seriously thinking about going with with their wheel because you can get several widths and I like the chrome rim.

Dave

...Here's a closer view Dave. The chrome rims really compliment this car nicely. This CS was originally going to Japan to be displayed in the lobby of a new hotel (hence the nice paint & chrome I'm sure;-) but failure to obtain proper permits killed the deal... The previous owner stored it for a few years before I bought it. 'Marty report says it came w/ the 289, 2V, C4. I like the 302, 4 spd. combo much better!

Attachments

• IM003346.JPG
    IM003346.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 22

our special

Midnight Special said:
...Here's a closer view Dave. The chrome rims really compliment this car nicely. This CS was originally going to Japan to be displayed in the lobby of a new hotel (hence the nice paint & chrome I'm sure;-) but failure to obtain proper permits killed the deal... The previous owner stored it for a few years before I bought it. 'Marty report says it came w/ the 289, 2V, C4. I like the 302, 4 spd. combo much better!

Thank you Tim, I think it's a sharp looking wheel especially on a dark color car. It's an easy wheel to keep clean as well.
Dave