• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale '68 California Special.

rvrtrash

I hate to do it, but I will probably be moving some time after the first of the year, and won't have the storage space I have now. Up for sale is my '68 CS, Wimbleton White with Red interior, J code 302 with Auto trans, 3.00 rear end. Complete nuts and bolts restoration with GT springs, valance, dual exhaust and chrome GT wheels added. Mild performace build (~275hp) and shift kit in the tranny. Alum intake, Holley 600, and Tri-Y headers. I have the original intake, carb, exhaust manifolds, plus a bunch of other original parts that were replaced. I also have a set of '69 low back seat frames that have been bead blasted and painted and newly recovered headrests that I was going to put in the car. The car is a 1 of 1 Marti verified with air, am/fm, pwr steering, pwr brakes, deluxe belts. The only down side of the car is the console. It was hacked up by a previous owner (they cut out the drivers side of the storage compartment, and I haven't come up with a replacement. This car was the cover car for the 2008 CS.com calender. Mileage is believed to be true 52,800 miles. It sold in Hawaii in Jan '69 and was parked in '78. I've put about 1600 miles on it since the restoration in 2005.

Attachments

• CSstats.jpg
    CSstats.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 154
  • imgA.jpg
    imgA.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 180
  • cspic.jpg
    cspic.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 197

Mosesatm

I've had the pleasure of seeing this car a couple times on my trips to Washington, and from what I've seen it's a bargain at $25,000.
This car is gorgeous and I'm surprised that's all he's asking for it. My car looked like a wrecking yard reject compared to this beauty.

Attachments

• Steve's Car.jpg
    Steve's Car.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Thanks guys. I am in it more than I'm asking, and would ask more if it goes to a sale site. Of course, I could be talked in to taking more for it, if someone felt the need. :grin: I should've also mentioned that it's matching numbers engine and tranny, kind of. The last number on both is off by 2. It's 110 instead of 112, so it looks like a goof on installation at the factory. I've also done the R134 conversion on the air conditioning, which I forgot to mention earlier.

James, I sent you an email.

Steve

CougarCJ

Good luck with the sale Steve. You are still coming to Seattle or Portland?

di81977

Looks like a beautiful car, sorry you have to sell. I sold my 68 convertible last month. Had very good success on carsonline.com. It generaged tons of interest and sold very fast.

David

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Scott, yes, one or the other "maybe". I had some pretty solid interest from Seattle and just got a request for follow up questions from Vancouver. Both would put me closer to my kids and grandkids, but the Vancouver one is my choice, even though it's a pretty hefty pay cut.

David, I sold my '73 Mach 1 on carsonline this summer. If the CS doesn't sell here, that's where it will go, unless the job possibilities fall through and then I'll keep it.

Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Here's a link to my photobucket page, which has additional pics. If there is anything specifically you want to see, I'll go get it for you.

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff158/rvrtrash/California Special/

I'll write a better "For Sale" ad in the next day or so, that should cover everything and post it up here. Thanks for the interest. I'm on graveyard shift at the moment and spent most of my "free" time trying to sleep in the middle of the day.

Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Here is a more complete ad. Hopefully I covered everything.

1968 Mustang California Special, 302-4V J code with C-4 automatic, 3.00:1 rear end. Wimbleton White with Dark Red interior, Pwr Steering, Pwr Disc Brakes, Air Conditioning (w/R134A conversion), AM/FM Stereo Radio, Lower Console. Everything mechanical has been rebuilt or replaced in a complete restoration 1600 miles ago with 52,800 total miles. Most original parts not reused were saved and go with the car. I have an extensive file of receipts and pictures.
The engine was rebuilt with .030 over KB Hypereutectic pistons, a Comp Cams 264 camshaft and double roller timing chain and gears. The rocker studs were pinned in place to handle the additional lift and bronze valve guides installed. It has a Holley 600 on an Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and Thorley Tri-Y headers through dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers. The tranny was rebuilt with a shift kit. Both engine and tranny are matching numbers, but they are off by two on the last digit, a factory error.
The suspension, and steering were rebuilt and factory chrome 14x6 “GT” wheels added, with GT springs and KYB gas shocks. The car is a Marti verified 1 of 1 car.

Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I am now in the process of moving to the Seattle area, and have temporary storage arranged (Thank you Rob), so will not be selling the car in the near future. There is just no way I can keep all the spare parts that would go with it together during a move, and don't really have time to show it anyway. Thanks to all that expressed interest.

Steve