• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Grill detailing part 2 revised grill color

390cs68rcode

OK, got the correct color in the other day and stripped everything down and repainted the grill, moldings and pedestals. You will notice the rubber washer under the fog lights.

Attachments

• Dsc00215.jpg
    Dsc00215.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Dsc00225.jpg
    Dsc00225.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Dsc00217.jpg
    Dsc00217.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 398
  • Dsc00218.jpg
    Dsc00218.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Dsc00223.jpg
    Dsc00223.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 380

Mosesatm

The correct color is Ditzler (PPG) 32930 or Dupont 9426.

It was also used on '71 Fords.

'67 Styled steel wheel paint is a good alternative and, in fact, may be the same color, but that has not been confirmed.

AJG

Hello, I was searching through the forums for details on grille hardware and came across these photos of your pristine car. Somewhere along the line someone helped themselves to the two grille bolts on top near the hood latch support from my car. I have been trying to find out what the correct bolts may be and was wondering if you could help me. They also took two of the four hood latch support bolts as well. I seem to have different castings on the heads of various bolts(F with the lines around it, anchor etc.) and was curious which may be correct.
Thanks,

Andrew

GT/CS S Code

Lucas replacement bulbs?

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but does anyone have the correct replacement bulb number for the GT/CS Lucas fogs? We're finally re-installing our set too, and would like to fit them with some brand new bulbs. The ones that are in there right now are two different, mis-matched bulbs ...
Thanks,
Al

Mosesatm

Most auto parts stores carry these.

Attachments

• Lucas Replacement Lamp.JPG
    Lucas Replacement Lamp.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 180