• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

i have a 1968 gtcs for sale it was rolled at 10mph

ocbambam

I HAVE A 1968 GTCS for sale if any one is interested , i rolled the car five years ago on a steep driveway , the car has sat in my backyard and i have finally come to the conclusion that i will not be able to restore it! i do not want to see the car be scraped! it is a matching number car with a 289! call danny at 562 690 4073 vin#8R01C132803

Attachments

• mustang rear..jpg
    mustang rear..jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 298
  • mustangCA 1.jpg
    mustangCA 1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 280
  • mustang engine.jpg
    mustang engine.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 288
  • mustang side.jpg
    mustang side.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

gt/csj4

I rolled a mustang once when i was 16. It wasnt a cal (94 gt 5.0) but it did destroy that car (naturally)...How bad is the damage? I cant imagine 10 mph doing much but thats a lot of weight for a roof to support

Mosesatm

Danny,
We don't have this car in the registry. Do you happen to have a Marti report for it?

OP
OP
O

ocbambam

here are some pics

Attachments

• mustang 1.jpg
    mustang 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 231
  • mustangCA 1.jpg
    mustangCA 1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 196
  • mustang side.jpg
    mustang side.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 233
  • mustang rear.jpg
    mustang rear.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 214
  • mustang1 side.jpg
    mustang1 side.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 226
  • mustang11ide.jpg
    mustang11ide.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 241
  • mustang rear..jpg
    mustang rear..jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
  • mustang engine.jpg
    mustang engine.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
O

ocbambam

VIN & photos would help.

Neil
did you get the vin and photos? i asked if anyone was interested but for some reason people on this site think that if you say you have a california special for sale and it is not on this site that you dont have a real one ! i came on to this site because i was looking to sell a real one not some fake!

Midnight Special

did you get the vin and photos? i asked if anyone was interested but for some reason people on this site think that if you say you have a california special for sale and it is not on this site that you dont have a real one ! i came on to this site because i was looking to sell a real one not some fake!

...Nothing is further from the truth. Give it time and proper disclosure (Marti report). We're all about finding, documenting and helping out with GT/CS owners in all ways! You're in good hands here! :)

BTW, Thanks for the photos. That is a very early GT/CS you have there...

franklinair

A nicely optioned CS: P/S, P/B, A/C, 289.
Can't tell from the photos any body distortions from the rollover. Saw a wrinkle in the rear quarter, but it didn't look too bad. The rooftop & 'A' pillars would be of concern. They can be a tough fix.
Any rust issues? (cowls, frame, torque boxes)
Possibly a viable candidate for the right person @ the right price to restore.
(Danny- $20 for a Marti Report is a worthwhile expenditure. It verifies the pedigree of the car, and adds value to it.)

Neil

sportyworty

Can we see some pics and detailed description of the damage. Can we assume the damage is on the side not shown?

robert campbell

Danny,
Please please do not be offended! You have an extremely early GT/CS in my mind. The recessed refectors on the rear quarter are evidence of its early build. It is so cool to see yet another GT/CS that is not in our registry and the early build coupled with the options will help you get the correct value for your car.

I have a car that has all the right stuff, but is not Marti verfied. A Marti is a cheap investment to erase all doubt and ensure you get maximum dollars for your car. Do not take it as an attack on your honesty. To me the photos are proof enough and I could inspect your car and know it is the real deal. Unfortunately most of the people who want your car will only take a Marti report as real proof.

Rob

Mosesatm

A nicely optioned CS: P/S, P/B, A/C, 289.
Can't tell from the photos any body distortions from the rollover. Saw a wrinkle in the rear quarter, but it didn't look too bad. The rooftop & 'A' pillars would be of concern. They can be a tough fix.
Any rust issues? (cowls, frame, torque boxes)
Possibly a viable candidate for the right person @ the right price to restore.
(Danny- $20 for a Marti Report is a worthwhile expenditure. It verifies the pedigree of the car, and adds value to it.)

Neil

Neil,
I think the A-pillar is pushed back a little. Check out how the top line of the passenger window gets tight at the front.

Danny,
If you don't want to get a Marti or don't know how I'll be happy to order and pay for it.

Mustanglvr

Wow! That is an early vin number and numbers matching too! This is a diamond in the rough. I would love to see what options it came with. Looks like a easy fix for someone with the know-how.

Mosesatm

The Marti is attached but it doesn't list the car as a GT/CS.
This seems to be a common issue with the earliest cars.

Attachments

• 8R01C132803_stdrpt.pdf
    122.2 KB · Views: 114