• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 WTB- Deluxe Auto Shifter Color:Aqua

clubpro

Jeff,

I have researched this and it doesn't look like they are making the aqua. The only option would be to get the parchment and dye it aqua. Sorry that I couldn't help you on this one.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thanks Ron. I've searched off and on over the the last 5 years with no luck.

I wonder what it takes for Scott Drake (or others) to make something like this?

Anyone here know how the process works?

Starts maybe with "We have X number of Mustang enthusiasts that need widget XYZ"

Scott Drake crunches numbers and figures it might be a money maker.

Scott Drake gets the licensing from FORD and gets the molds or makes new ones and starts making and selling widget XYZ.

-Jeff

franklinair

If you have a Deluxe shifter (of any color) send it to me, and I'll dye it aqua for you. You'll find that it will wear quite nicely. I've even done steering wheels that held up for YEARS.

Neil

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Hi Neil,

I appreciate the offer. Sounds like if I start with a light color (parchment) it will turn out better?
I'll be in touch Neil!!

-Jeff