• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. GT/CS Sighting!

davidathans

Hello Everyone! Remember me? haha it's been a while since i've posted anything on here.

Well I was driving home from Vegas yesterday and I recognized that special rear end haha and quickly sped up and snapped a picture!

Anyone recognize this car? Is the fellow who was driving it on this website?

I think this is the first orange 68 GT/CS I've seen.

update on my car:

it is still disassembled, but i'm planning on spending some major $$ this summer to get it back on its wheels...i'll keep you guys posted.

Hope everyone and their cars are doing great!

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 93

BroadwayBlue

Hey David!

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well!

Looks like a work in progress and looks like a horse emblem on the front fender, wonder if it's a real deal or a clone.

Good luck with the car!

Midnight Special

Hello Everyone! Remember me? haha it's been a while since i've posted anything on here.

Well I was driving home from Vegas yesterday and I recognized that special rear end haha and quickly sped up and snapped a picture!

Anyone recognize this car? Is the fellow who was driving it on this website?

I think this is the first orange 68 GT/CS I've seen.

...Any pictures of the front of it, Dave?
I know you got ahead of it (like you do everything else;-)

Diesel Donna

Sheesh, you were just up the street from my house...can't say I have seen that car around here before.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

...Any pictures of the front of it, Dave?
I know you got ahead of it (like you do everything else;-)

In the spirit of the whole "don't text while driving $159 fine" I decided it was only safe to take a picture while it was in front of me because they are cracking down on drivers who are operating electronic devices while driving, ya know? Getting the picture of the front wasn't worth it, but I checked it out. Not sure if its real or a clone, but honestly that doesn't matter to me, it made my day. I miss my car.

But ya I got in front of it hahaha

Midnight Special

I have no doubt you miss yours! Real or not, the appeal of a GT/CS is second to none in my book (save for a 500KR that few people drive anymore). I've had to drive my truck a lot lately with winter and only recently have compensated with a gas-guzzling 390 4-speed. Indeed, even though the price to stay in heaven climbs increasingly higher, it's well worth it! It just takes a little "overtime" to stay in overdrive! :)

hookedtrout

All this talk about enjoying the car coupled with it being Friday...Heck with it I'm blowing this place I call work. I'm heading home, getting the CS up to the tire shop and getting the front end alligned like I've been procrastinating and I'm going to put some miles on the CS this year, never drove it an inch last year, other than out to the new shop to park it.

Northern Pony

Cory; Take care with that car, i was heading south through your area two weeks ago and it was still snowing!
BoB

hookedtrout

Cory; Take care with that car, i was heading south through your area two weeks ago and it was still snowing!
BoB

And it's still snowing about every day but it just falls and melts and we dream of sunny warm summer days. I will take care! Thanks