• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

FINALLY GOT PICTURES TO POST

CHICK

FINALLY HAVE SOME PICTURES TO POST ON MY NEW GT/CS SITTING IN THE NEW CAR SHOWROOM IN CINCINNATI FORD DEALER.

CHICK

Attachments

• SIDE_VIEW.jpg
    SIDE_VIEW.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 18

rjw

Hey--Just like it sat in the new car showroom in '68. Congratulations!
Richard

OP
OP
C

CHICK

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1243;start=0#msg6972 date=1102431845]
Very nice car! Congratulations! What engine does it have? Casey
[/quote]

she has the 289, here is a pic of it.

Attachments

• ENGINE.jpg
    ENGINE.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 17

68gt390

Chick;
Very nice car. Glad I got a chance to see her in person before you took the car to Cincinnati. By the way when will you post the pics in the gallery? Again, congrats on picking up a very nice CS.

Don ;)

OP
OP
C

CHICK

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1243;start=0#msg7013 date=1102640456]
Chick;
Very nice car. Glad I got a chance to see her in person before you took the car to Cincinnati. By the way when will you post the pics in the gallery? Again, congrats on picking up a very nice CS.

Don ;)
[/quote]

THANKS DON,

I POSTED THEM TONIGHT AFTER I GOT ALL THE PICS IN THE COMPUTER. SHE REALLY LIKES SITTING IN THE SHOWROOM, AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BUY IT CRAZY. I'M HAVING A BLAST JUST LETTING IT SIT HERE AT THE DEALERSHIP.(FORD OF COURSE)

CHICK

68gt390

Chick;
Just think what folks would do if they saw 2 CS's sitting side by side on a FORD show room floor in 2005. I'd almost bet you'd be safe in saying that Ford dealer would be the only dealer with 2 1968 GT/CS's on their show room floor. People would go bonkers. Maybe we can get together this summer either here in Columbus or Cincinnati and cruise to a show together. I know Tri State Mustangs has an annual show in your area every year. Plus their new President is also a member of our club up here.

Don :D

PFSlim

Chick

Great pics of the car. Really looks nice. Can you tell us how you ended up putting your car on the showroom floor? Did your dealership ask?

Paul

OP
OP
C

CHICK

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1243;start=0#msg7033 date=1102785077]
Chick

Great pics of the car. Really looks nice. Can you tell us how you ended up putting your car on the showroom floor? Did your dealership ask?

Paul
[/quote]

paul,

The truth be told, i'm the new car manager at the ford store in cincinnati so I put it there to show the new mustang compared to the 1968 models and how ford went back the old styles. everyone came into the dealership and wanted to know more about mine then the new one (hahaha), my salepeople have a blast with it because i parked mine next to the 2005 mustang and it caught the eyes of many customer and even the tri stated mustang club members, at their meetings everyone mentioned the cs/gt at townsend ford and came in to see her. (great market plan)?I recieved so many offers to buy mine and we made a running joke of it at the dealership. I have one employee that has a 66 shelby gt 350 and in the summer we are going to have a blast with these cars together.

THANKS PAUL FOR ASKING
CHICK

rjw

We'd love to see the pic of your California Special parked next to the '05...
Richard

PFSlim

I agree with rjw. Would like to see the pics of 68 and 05.

The reason I have asked is that my ford dealership has supported us in restoring our car. I am a regular customer of the service department and have offered to park mine in the show room as a thank you for supporting our efforts. My brother has an AC Cobra replica and I think it would be cool to have both parked in a showroom with the 05.

Good story Chick. Thanks for sharing.

Paul