• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

If/when they offer the new CS with different engine choices will you??????

390cs68rcode

What engine would you choose if they offered the following:

6 cyl
8 cyl (normally aspirated stock Mustang engine)
8 cyl supercharged GT 500 engine

I don't get excited about modern regular cars (99% of what is sold today) but a GT 500 engine in a modern CS might get me to purchase one (as long as the rest of the CS package was interesting meaning side scoops, fog lights and hood pins).

What is your vote for?

luisa2552

[(as long as the rest of the CS package was interesting meaning side scoops, fog lights and hood pins).

Don't forget that beautiful rear view-lights, spoiler and striping!!
Sara

hookedtrout

Option 2 for me, don't want a 6 but I'm not the Ricky Racer type. Modest V8 power would be perfect for me.

Hook

68sunlitgold

My purchase will be more on how the exterior looks than the engine, but I like options 2 or 3. If the exterior is anything like the new Shelby, I am not too excited about the lack of connection with the '68 Shelby so I would not expect alot of "additions" to make it connect with the '68 GT/CS. I would like to see more than just the "California Special" name to be on the car.

Doug

Sarge

The lines of the 2005 are reminiscent of the '67 / '68 models. If they can "show lineage" back to the original CS, then yes, I would buy one. Hasta be a V-8 though... I don't mind 4 cylinder cars, as long as that is 4 on the left side and 4 on the right side ;D
Robert

hookedtrout

Kind of funny how we all look back and wish they had stuffed the 68 GT/CS's full of the High HP engines instead of spreading them all out in all options. But you run a poll and find that the majority of the people (at least thus far) prefer the modest engine options. Probably the same in 68 which explains why there were so many 6's and small V8's with 2bbl carbs. Even though it changes it really doesn't change all that much other than the manufactures forgetting to put on the scoops and dressing that should be a requirement.

Hook

jk89cat

word of advice, we have have already repalced 2 3 valve engines here , they again went away from a proven engine . i would wait to see if they get the bugs out before they offer the new cs

rvrtrash

The way things are going, in two years the only engine choice may be 4 cyl. or bio-diesel hybrid. :'( At that point, I'll have to buy a used '05, see if I can shoehorn in a supercharged V-10 and add my own CS (or Idaho Special) emblems. ;D
Steve

68gt390

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=0#msg11803 date=1119397190]
The way things are going, in two years the only engine choice may be 4 cyl. or bio-diesel hybrid. :'( At that point, I'll have to buy a used '05, see if I can shoehorn in a supercharged V-10 and add my own CS (or Idaho Special) emblems. ;D
Steve

[/quote]

Steve; You hit the nail on the head. The big "OIL" companies may have more say in it then the buying public. By that time who knows, Ford may have to come back out with the Mustang II body. :p

Don

nfrntau

[quote author=T Code Bob link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=0#msg11792 date=1119351091]
I'd go for the 6 cyclinder, so I can have a matched pair.
[/quote]

Some of my favorite things come in matched pairs.
I vote for the V-8 with dual turbochargers (a matched pair). That was a choice right?

68gt390

Uhm, matched pair! I kinda like those too. Of course with were I work I see a lot of matched pairs in one day. Kinda makes my eyes a bit tired.

Don ;D

rvrtrash

By that time who knows, Ford may have to come back out with the Mustang II body. :p

Don

Oh No, Not that! I hated the "Pinto II".

Steve

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11814 date=1119455862]
Uhm, matched pair! I kinda like those too. Of course with were I work I see a lot of matched pairs in one day. Kinda makes my eyes a bit tired.

Don ;D
[/quote]

so what do you have the pleasure of working at that let's you see all those "pairs"? 8)

68gt390

so what do you have the pleasure of working at that let's you see all those "pairs"? 8)

Jason;
I work for Victoria's Secret at their Corporate Headquarters. ;D ;D 8)

Don ;)