• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS '66 HCS fastback

66hcs-conv

HI Gang,

Has ANYBODY ever seen/run across a '66 HCS fastback?

I have heard there was only 1 or 2 of them made, and wondering if anybody has ever seen one "in person".

Have Fun, Dave

mustanggirl

I have read there was only one 66 HCS fastback in a book about special edition mustangs. I have heard it is some where in the mid west, I think Idaho or something.

J_Speegle

Nope - and hopefully if there is one out there it still has its original door tag to support the claim

There was one submitted to the Mustang Production Guide but of course this information can not be confirmed.

6R09A232590

Last edited:

hicountrybob

HI Gang,

Has ANYBODY ever seen/run across a '66 HCS fastback?

I have heard there was only 1 or 2 of them made, and wondering if anybody has ever seen one "in person".

Have Fun, Dave

Dave, I have only 2 '66 fastback HCS (both C codes) in the registry, after all these years of gathering these vin numbers. A blue (4 spd) is in Iowa, owner called in 6/99 and 5/01 to get paint codes and has owned since'78 and a green (C-4 auto) is in Idaho, owner called in 2/93 and 9/99, PS, I HAVE NOT said only 2 were produced but only 2 are in the registry. HC Bob here.

hicountrybob

Nope - and hopefully if there is one out there it still has its original door tag to support the claim

There was one submitted to the Mustang Production Guide but of course this information can not be confirmed.

6R09A232590

Jeff, I do not have this car in the registry but the vin falls among other '66 HCS's. I looked this vin up in THE MUSTANG PRODUCTION GUIDE, Volume 2 1967-73 by Smart and Haskell which starts with '67's. Did they do another and/or later book w/ '66 cars???? or is the book you're referring by someone else or what? Bob T. here

J_Speegle

Jeff, I do not have this car in the registry but the vin falls among other '66 HCS's. I looked this vin up in THE MUSTANG PRODUCTION GUIDE, Volume 2 1967-73 by Smart and Haskell which starts with '67's. Did they do another and/or later book w/ '66 cars???? or is the book you're referring by someone else or what? Bob T. here

Yes there was a Volume #1 their first book covering 1964-66 Mustangs. Like the other one - only details from owners or person submitting the information

Not sure if it is in print anymore (I could use a new copy since my autographed one is really worn) Might want to check EPay or other sources)