• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bed Down for Winter

PFSlim

Well, it is almost time to bed the old pony down for the winter. Has anyone else started? I hate this time of year!!! I still expect to drive the car a few more times in nice weather before Dec. After Dec, it is hard to get it out again until spring.

What is everyone doing to prepare their cars for winter??

Paul

tworings

Ah, I supposed it would be rude to mention the 80 degree day we're having in So. Cal. :grin: Or that we have a car show to go to in December.

Mustanglvr

I have a garage for my car this year, Woo Hoo!!!
We`re at 46 degrees here in Minnesota, the kids are still wearing shorts to school.

luisa2552

It's the most beautiful time of the year here to have the car out and my left foot is in a cast from surgery a few weeks ago! I actually sat in it and tried to do the clutch. I could do it parked, but I don't dare take it out. Doc says a few more weeks!

marie68csmustangs

Winter, what winter??!! still wating for winter.. It doesn't even feel like fall here in Sacramento, CA - the leaves are just starting to change..

Perkchiro

Hey Paul: I think those who have posted a response don't know the meaning of a "cold" winter (except those in Minnesota). I'm jealous of those who can skip the winterizing of stored vehicles, lawn mowers, tractors and the like. We have a few more weeks left this year for outside activity and then "Old Man Winter" arrives. Those of you who are in warm climates, think about us in the Midwest in our down coats while you drive with your windows down. Feel sorry for us yet?????:cry:
Steve in Missouri

joedls

Perkchiro said:
Those of you who are in warm climates, think about us in the Midwest in our down coats while you drive with your windows down. Feel sorry for us yet?????:cry:
Steve in Missouri

I'l think about you when I put the top down on my convertible and go for a drive this winter.:wink:

p51

PFSlim said:
Ummm... checking the oil and filling up with gas so I can drive it. CA weather... finest kind :wink:

Mustanglvr

Thats it! I`m not moving to Oregon! (original plan) I`m moving to California! (eventually) It might be awhile yet, I have to stick around here for family reasons.

case12

It already snowed twice here in Chicago, and we are in the 30's (that's still balmy for Chicago). The babies are snuggled in the garage with their bottles (trickle chargers on the batteries). Casey

sam

In New Hampshire where the state motto is "Live Free or Die", I can usually plan on still being able to drive the Mustang until about the 3rd/4th week in November. The weekend after Thanksgiving I'm always off to a dental convention for the week, so I've usually put the ol girl up for the winter the week prior. I agree somewhat depressing because I usually don't get her back on the road until the 1st or 2nd week in April.

.....although the weather scientists that are studying the changing weather patterns claim that in the near future our weather pattern will be the same as the Carolinas and vice a versa................but I'm not holding my breath.
Sam

mmarsalone

PFSlim said:

Paul

Moving to Savannah, GA. Well, I'll be down there. And move the family next summer when school ends and our house sells.

Can anyone tell me about Savannah? I was going to ask everyone in another thread. Been to Atalanta many times and to southern Georgia, but never on the coast.

Midnight Special

p51 said:
Ummm... checking the oil and filling up with gas so I can drive it. CA weather... finest kind :wink:

Yeah, I'm spoiled that way too. 'Can pretty much drive year round here save for an occassional 6-8" snow flury that melts away quickly.
Grass Valley, CA...

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
Yeah, I'm spoiled that way too. 'Can pretty much drive year round here save for an occassional 6-8" snow flury that melts away quickly.
Grass Valley, CA...

Lucky Bugger!!!

case12

mmarsalone said:
Moving to Savannah, GA. Well, I'll be down there. And move the family next summer when school ends and our house sells.

Can anyone tell me about Savannah? I was going to ask everyone in another thread. Been to Atalanta many times and to southern Georgia, but never on the coast.
I was born and grew up in Atlanta. Savannah is a very nice town. Spanish moss and picturesque. Only down side is the humidity. Let us know how the move goes. (Now back to the thread...) Casey

Mosesatm

The October issue of Auto Restorer has an article on preparing classic cars for winter storage. When I get home (next week) I'll scan it and post it.

Mosesatm

Sorry, the article is about preparing cars for winter driving, not winter storage.