• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New to the Crew-

CuervoSpecial

Story has it back in 1968 Grandpa José took my grandmother car shopping in Anchorage, Alaska. They checked out both the Camaro and Mustangs. Grandpa was bound and determined to get her a new car, so while she liked the Camaro, she was too short to see over the steering wheel. One day on his way to "work" he stopped in the Ford dealership and told them he wanted to get her a Mustang, "but not the baby poop color." The sales guy told him that they had just got one in off the boat and it was back in the warehouse. They walked back to take a look but wouldn't let Grandpa go in. He just said it was some fancy "California Edition" but "it is the red one in the back." Grandpa said "it says California, so it has to be fancy, I will take it."

It took about a week or two according to the conversation on that flight from Puerto Rico with Grandpa, but the Car was delivered to the house, Grandma called Grandpa and said, "some guy is trying to give me the keys to some car, he says it is mine." Grandpa proceeded to ask her how it looked, her response was the most beautiful thing ever. "well take the damn keys!" His words...

Well Grandpa kept that car after she passed, and until about 8 years ago it never left his site. That was when he first asked me to take it, and give it a tune up and an oil change. It needed more than that, as it sat pretty much idle for nearly 20 years. in the carport under the tarps. Grandpa Passed away in January 2017, and I inherited the car and everything with it. (lots and lots of paperwork).

Thus I am new to the crew. Ironically, The Registered owner will never change names, as I am III.

ytrpowR.jpg

Hd0K3Sh.jpg

Diesel Donna

Welcome Cuervo! I love the history of your car!

I'm an old timer here but haven't been here much in the past four years.

Hi Scott and Rich!!!

OP
OP
C

CuervoSpecial

Finally off crutches and starting to get the Garage cleaned out to start working on this project as soon as the wife deploys. Poor Car has been sitting under a few tarps for a couple years. I only got it into a garage this last year. in two weeks the plan is to start a deep clean of the interior. Wash the outside, Drain the fuel and assess the Front end.

With the Wife being deployed I will have a year of no nagging to get as much done as possible!

8BcwH7N.jpg

y4etqMU.jpg

VsnS1Jl.jpg

pHnkJGa.jpg

xQGmXR6.jpg

i1dkD9N.jpg

8KTRtcW.jpg

UEBExQK.jpg

Ruppstang

It looks like you have a bit of cleaning ahead of you. The car looks solid.
For some reason I like your car, here is a picture of my current project.

Ruppstang

Here is the picture.

Attachments

• 2080-04-12 18.25.46.jpg
    2080-04-12 18.25.46.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31

rvrtrash

Hey Cuervo, I have a set of 1969 front seats with headrests, in 1968 dark red, that I recovered for my old car and kept when I sold it, that have never been installed or used, if you want to save some time and effort on your seats. I live 300 miles from you but visit my kids and grandkids in Lake Tapps frequently and could deliver. PM me if you're interested.

Steve

OP
OP
C

CuervoSpecial

Did they add a under dash AC? Was wondering why the console was cut.
Yeah they did. This is the major altercation to the car that was done. At least that I have been able to find so fwr. But my largest project is going to the front end.