• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 All new book updates posted on saac ?

John McGilvary

Just wanted to know the reason why the new book updates will be posted only on the SAAC site ? SAAC seems to have a good site and IMO all mustangs are cool, but after all the information members of the CS site have contributed for the book, I think we are at least due updates.

Am I being unreasonable?

John

Doug

Just wanted to know the reason why the new book updates will be posted only on the SAAC site ? SAAC seems to have a good site and IMO all mustangs are cool, but after all the information members of the CS site have contributed for the book, I think we are at least due updates.

Am I being unreasonable?

John

IMHO if the author of that book wants to limit the information to SAAC members; maybe the author doesn’t want to sell the book to the members of this site. I don’t know if that’s true but in the advertising business you normally advertise (inform) the people that you want to have as customers. Or maybe the author just hasn’t got around to posting on this site because he’s real busy completing the book.

Or maybe the author feels that the people who visit this site will buy just about any book that this author writes because he is the expert on California Specials.

aemoo28

No I think we need to discuss this. I didn't realize we wouldn't be getting info about our book. Thanks John for pointing this out, as I don't intend to monitor the SAAC site.

Tell me why Shelby people would care about a Calspecial book...?

And if it's OUR book that WE helped put together, supported, and purchased, why isn't the info avail to US?

What's going on?

Amy

Midnight Special

..One way or another, the book will come out and IMO, the author's involvement w/ SAAC may well indeed make it a better read. SAAC appears to me as an astute "attention to details" group that has already provided insight we haven't seen here.

All contributions notwithstanding; the "book" is ultimately in the authors hands and to the degree we hold the door open to more drama will be time wasted.

We have much to celebrate as owners and operators of the GT/CS - book or no book.
I dare say everyone's generosity (with time) will culminate in a grand publication <or> a lesson well learned in one form or another... Either way, it won't change who we are...a wonderful group of people who are as diverse as the options available with this magnificent car!

OP
OP
J

John McGilvary

Hi

Here is the link for info to the book itself.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7410

I sense this thread getting into another endless thread. I feel personnaly it's better to stop it there. Let's get back to the GT/CS car threads.

Thanks

I did not intend to cause anyone to get upset because of this thread.
Just felt that updates for the book should be posted on the CS site, as they have been for the last several years.

And, IMO this thread is all about the GT/CS Mustangs.
The book is also about GT/CS Mustangs.

John

BroadwayBlue

There really isn't anything posted on the SAAC site that is different from what is posted here or sent out in letters by Paul.

I thought it was different at first and realized it's the same info basically.

The same info is also on Paul's website as well if you don't want to monitor SAAC forums.

The book is Paul's as author and it is his perogative on where to give updates.
This site belongs to Jon.

If Paul has chosen not to be a member of this site then so be it and therefore updates here may not be practical right now.
Maybe in the future he will provide some updates through Jon to pass along to site members.

In the big scheme of things, it's not that big a deal in my mind.

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Paul has left the site. So no, he won't be giving updates directly to the CS forums. My understanding is he'll give me major updates to post, but not the day to day stuff. So as I hear things I'll pass them along.

If you're looking for something specific in between updates or have questions as to why he did what he did then you'll need to email him directly (see the sticky post in the forums here for his address) or check SAAC or Paul's site.

aemoo28

Any SAAC member, do you have updates for when Paul's book will be released?

I don't wish to join SAAC, but I'd like to know if the publishing date is near since I've pre-purchased two books and would like to see them in this lifetime.

di81977

Any SAAC member, do you have updates for when Paul's book will be released?

I don't wish to join SAAC, but I'd like to know if the publishing date is near since I've pre-purchased two books and would like to see them in this lifetime.

You don't need to join to access the SAAC forum and postings. I have not seen very much negativity toward the GT/CS, which is great, but there does not seem to be very much activity, other than Paul's posts.

GTCSMustang

From the SAAC site.

Well, no, the book isn't THAT far along, but it IS coming along well. The three biggest sections that needed my attention the most are Little Red, the Green Hornet, and the 2007-09 GT/CS stories. I'm also writing the GT/CS article for the next Shelby American (on line) magazine--all at once.

What I want to do is get ALL the best information down in this book once and for all, and then move on to other things (like 2010/2011 Mustangs). I'm getting close, but it's been very tedious work. I feel that the readers of my work deserve the best research possible. That's also why I haven't posted here for a while...I'm buried in writing at the moment.

As for your getting proper GT/CS authentication, you can go to the "recognition" pages over at californiaspecial.com. Since my self-proclaimed exile from that site (long story), I haven't been there or seen it at all for many weeks. ALL the history and authentication info is mine, on loan to that site.

Thanks for asking..

Paul N.

franklinair

I'm just not going to concern myself over this subject any longer. I've been reading "updates" for the two years I've been a member of this site. It's like a never ending story - no end in sight. If/when it happens, it happens. That's the mindset I've adopted. End of subject.:lipsseal:

Neil

Midnight Special

From the SAAC site.

Well, no, the book isn't THAT far along, ......

.......What I want to do is get ALL the best information down in this book once and for all, and then move in on other things (like 2010/2011 Mustangs). I'm getting close, but it's been very tedious work. I feel that the readers of my work deserve the best research possible. .........

As for your getting proper GT/CS authentication, you can go to the "recognition" pages over at californiaspecial.com. Since my self-proclaimed exile from that site (long story), I haven't been there or seen it at all for many weeks. ALL the history and authentication info is mine, on loan to that site........

Paul N.

...Lovely! So how much did he pay all of you folks who GAVE him all that info (not to mention photos, data, blueprints, CDs DVDs, stories, Marti's, Parties...plus a whole lot of cash??? Yeah Paul... "Long story" indeed!... All four cotton- picking years that I've been here!

Now that we've read the equivalent of three books about you, maybe it's time to quit writing about "Paul" and start writing about "cars"....

CougarCJ

From the SAAC site.

As for your getting proper GT/CS authentication, you can go to the "recognition" pages over at californiaspecial.com. Since my self-proclaimed exile from that site (long story), I haven't been there or seen it at all for many weeks. ........... ALL the history and authentication info is mine, on loan to that site.
Thanks for asking..

Paul N.

What the heck does that mean?

Mustanglvr

My friends, we don't need Paul's book, we the owners of these cars, with their informative Marti reports and Jon, the owner of the California Special/High Country Special website, have all the information we need for these cars already.