• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966 Columbine Blue HCS for auction on Ebay

di81977

This is the 1st HCS I have seen on ebay in over 6 months. I am sure this has been discussed before, but what is the general thinking on value of a HCS vs GTCS?

David

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Well, they were produced for three years in a row, verses the GT/CS only one year. I think that should make a difference. This HCS is one of the first ones since it is a 1966 and it is a more desirable color, I would say. It will be interesting to see if the BIN is used. I would have put a high reserve on it and tested the waters first.

classicsguy

I e mailed the owner and the car is originally Timberline Green. The color is still present in some parts of the car like the trunk. The door data plate is gone,so its difficult to determine if the car has a Pony interior from factory.
the car is a 4 speed so that makes it attractive. How can you tell that its an original HCS??

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

The Marti reports go back to 1966 if I remember right. I suppose an original window sticker or a Marti report would be the only thing, unless you can see the car in person and know what to look for. I was just taking the sellers word for it in my posts about this. Before any money should change hands between the seller and buyer of this car, a Marti report should be aquired.

hicountrybob

classicsguy said:
I e mailed the owner and the car is originally Timberline Green. The color is still present in some parts of the car like the trunk. The door data plate is gone,so its difficult to determine if the car has a Pony interior from factory.
the car is a 4 speed so that makes it attractive. How can you tell that its an original HCS??
Ask me. Sometimes, I already have advertised cars listed in the registry. This '66 HCS coupe has been in the HCS Registry for quite some time. The "now missing" door tag did read 65A blank 26 15G 510243 6 1, so it was a "standard" interior HCS coupe , timberline green, with black standard interior, right date, right DSO, a 2.80 rear and a 3 SPEED manuel tranny. Thanks for the thread start. (A Virginia man called me about this car Sunday PM? and was interested in it). HC Bob here.

weasel_atty

I just got a picture from the guy. The door tag is on, but is attached with bolts instead of rivets. I'm guessing that the door got mashed at some point and the door tag was swapped to the new door, but that is a guess. It has a DSO of 510243 and a 15G build date.

You can see the Timberline Green in the trunk pics in the auction, so I'm guessing the door tag was not swapped to a new car. He is going to check the fender VIN and let me know. But it looks like the real deal.

rvrtrash

Uh, my car has the VIN on both front inner fenders. You have the pull the outer fenders away from the inners to expose them, but they are there. That's why when I replaced the inner fender under my battery tray, I went to so much trouble to save the top strap.
Steve

390cs68rcode

maybe I should clarify my statement. The vin is not visible in the little cut out on the drivers fender on 68 San Jose cars.

rvrtrash

I'll buy that! I never understood why they put a cut-out in the fender that didn't expose the VIN. Seems like a waste of time and energy.
Steve