• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS Prices--Calm after the Storm? >>BJ

Redwingrobb

Hey, I'm still the newbie here, but it appears the CS feeding frenzy that occurred shortly after Barrett-Jackson looks to have calmed down. Over the past two or so weeks, the buying and the bidding looks to have come back down to earth. Starting to wonder a bit if I jumped in too soon after Barrett-Jackson. Don't get me wrong, you'd have to pry the CS steering wheel from my cold dead hands, but I'm wondering outloud if I didn't pay just a wee bit of a premium to get my dream ride.

PS. Not trying to start anything with you Northeners, but it was 85 today in West Texas and the Pony was out of the corral just eating up the road! This car is like a drug! Robb

Andrew

85 sounds nice, and I spent the day breaking up ice on the lake for fun in 30 degrees, maybe 60 by next weekend. I should be driving in shorts and a t-shirt then. Texas does look like a real nice place to live.

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Andrew said:
85 sounds nice, and I spent the day breaking up ice on the lake for fun in 30 degrees, maybe 60 by next weekend. I should be driving in shorts and a t-shirt then. Texas does look like a real nice place to live.

Yeah, a decent place to live, especially the driveable weather. I'm originally from Michigan, so I do miss the winter sports. Having the ability to drive my "new" CS everyday is great...robb

Andrew

It seems Michigan always beats B.U. or B.C in NCAA hockey. I really like the color combo of your car. I have never seen the parchment top on a CS. As far as the prices go, it's kinda like real estate, they are not making anymore so it won't get any cheaper. About 10 years ago, I turned down a generous 6k offer, boy I would have been kicking myself now if I had taken it.

Midnight Special

Redwingrobb said:
Hey, I'm still the newbie here, but it appears the CS feeding frenzy that occurred shortly after Barrett-Jackson looks to have calmed down. Over the past two or so weeks, the buying and the bidding looks to have come back down to earth. Starting to wonder a bit if I jumped in too soon after Barrett-Jackson. Don't get me wrong, you'd have to pry the CS steering wheel from my cold dead hands, but I'm wondering outloud if I didn't pay just a wee bit of a premium to get my dream ride.

PS. Not trying to start anything with you Northeners, but it was 85 today in West Texas and the Pony was out of the corral just eating up the road! This car is like a drug! Robb

....I wouldn't worry 'bout it Rob, the rest of your post said it all. You paid what you did & are now enjoying 'the car of your dreams'! Besides - it's winter for the rest of us & we don't have the '85' to get excited about. Come Spring. the prices will go back up and with it, the leverage to 'pry the steering wheel from your cold dead hands'. You'll see... Your addiction now only rests with your ability to keep the tank above half; can't say that about any other drug...

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Like I said Tim, I'm not regretting the deal. I just thought that the wheeling and dealing would sustain itself a bit longer. Actually, the lull in prices is nice. IF I sell the Barracuda, I might look for a second CS/HCS. Nobody's getting my Special! Robb

Midnight Special

Redwingrobb said:
Like I said Tim, I'm not regretting the deal. I just thought that the wheeling and dealing would sustain itself a bit longer. Actually, the lull in prices is nice. IF I sell the Barracuda, I might look for a second CS/HCS. Nobody's getting my Special! Robb

...Yeah, I was merely co-miserating w/ envy of your fantastic driving weather ;-) I too probably paid a little on the high end recently, but boy do I love the cars! It's been raining and snowing here & will continue for at least another week or two. All I can do is go out, remove the covers & look at them between squalls :-O

68gt390

You guys are killin me. I'm still fighting with the engine shop to get off their dead ass and get my block machined and ready to go. Oh well, it's 35 degrees out and snowing. Guess I've got a couple more weeks until I really start bugging them. At least my rebuild kit got here today. One good thing is they called today and said the crank and heads are done. That's a plus.

Don

hookedtrout

Well Don I guess I'm with you, 33 degrees and snowing here. I gave up on getting out the Mustang so I dug out the Jeep and I've been playing in the mud when it warms up and gets soft.

Cory

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Eighty all this week. White horse is out everyday. Come on down Don, the weather's fine...Robb

68gt390

Redwingrobb said:
Eighty all this week. White horse is out everyday. Come on down Don, the weather's fine...Robb

Go ahead, rub it in. It's suppose to reach the 60's this weekend but, with rain. Sounds like some possible wrench time Saturday and Sunday. If that happens, the girlfriend becomes a garage widow again. :grin:

Don

HCS@CT

I just got in from the garage. I got one side of my motor painted and it's starting to look good. I got to get on it hot and heavy if I'm gona have the engine bay finished and put back together by first cruise. And it was 42 for a high today in Derby, Ct.

BroadwayBlue

Hi!
I was wondering if the CT in HCS@CT meant Connecticut.

You're probably just over an hour or so from me. I'm in Dutchess County, NY
How far are you from Danbury? Maybe we can meet up at a cruise in between this year. I have pictures in my Gallery from a Marcus Dairy cruise last year.

HCS@CT

Hey Broadwayblue, do you know where Shelton or Derby is. That would be kind of cool to have a CS and HCS togather at a cruse in this area. Most people in this area have never heard one. I've got some shots of my car in my gallery along with my sons "96 GT/CS. Well my version of a "96 CS anyway. It was a fun car, I sold it to my son to buy my HCS.