View Single Post
Old 12/11/2008, 09:11 AM   #6
My Car Details
franklinair's Avatar

Location: Franklin, NC
Joined: Mar 07
Posts: 4,204

My Garage
If you have a '68 non console bezel, the gear selctor indication is accomplished by a light bulb attached to the gear handle, illuminating the selected gear you're in. The light bulb holder clips onto the gear shift lever.
As I recall, the console type shifter has an attachment for a nylon rod that attached to the console indicator to indicate what gear you're in.
Hopefully someone has a good used non console shifter. Good luck.

franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote