• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Body Sealer - Tubes or cans?

nfrntau

Hey Yall,
I got my car back yesterday from the shop who primed it for me. They ended up using two gallons.
How much body sealer did you guys who went ground up finally end up needing for your cars.
The body shop will buy it at their price and add to my initial invoice. He will only do it now and then when I have the car painted (I won't need it then). So I want to get as much as I need all at once.
Did you guys use tubes or cans and spreaders.

I don't know what I would do without y'all.

Attachments

• DSCF2357A.jpg
    DSCF2357A.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 20

rvrtrash

Nice looking chassis. From what I can see, it's real straight with only rust at the shock towers. That makes for a good starting point. As for sealer, I've always used tubes with a caulking gun because it's so easy to apply that way. I used one big tube because my car was media blasted and the guy that did it went real easy on it so he wouldn't warp any panels and some of the original stuff stayed in place and was in good shape so I left it.
Steve

jk89cat

i have used both, if your making yours a judgeable show car , you might want to look into that aspect. but on my galaxie i have used both and pefer the tubes, the brush on works good , but its a pia .what i do is lay the line of sealer than smooth it with my glove covered finger . justin